1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Coke Commercial: Lime in the Coke You Nut

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by maxdrive, Mar 17, 2005.

1. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

who else has seen this new coke comercial with the lime in the coconut song. They changed the lyrics to:
    You put the lime in the coke you nut and you drink them both together

You put the lime in the coke you nut and you drink them both up

2. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I saw it, and it got old quick... some songs just seem best performed by the Muppets themselves.
  3. Its not even origanaly a Muppet song!
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hmm. I wonder if we finally have figured out the drug reference here. Coke.
  5. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Well, Coca-Cola did in fact have cocaine in it when it first was created, hence the name.
  6. Beauregard

Really? I had no idea. I did, however, hear that it was originally a medicane for indigestion...
  7. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Yep. I was looking up the history of Coke and it looks like it was created simply for drinking. However, Pepsi-Cola was created as an indigestion medicine, exhaustion reliever, etc. The history of the two companies is really quite interesting.
  8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I know that, Wembley. I'm just saying I like it best performed by the Muppets.
  9. HeartlessGiant

HeartlessGiant New Member

I have a tape (forget the name of it, Kermit and Piggy are in a fancy resturaunt remembering old Muppet Show sketches) and i used to watch the "Lime In The Coconut" sketch over and over and over. Whenever i hear it now, all i can think about is the hospital room slowly becoming a jungle.

Classic sketch (in my eyes, anyway). Love the doctor muppet in that scene too. "Now let me get this straight!..."
  10. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

That's called The Kermit And Piggy Story... that's where I've heard the song sung first.
  11. HeartlessGiant

HeartlessGiant New Member

"That's called The Kermit And Piggy Story... that's where I've heard the song sung first."

That's the chap, that's the chap. Man, i'm suprised that tape still works. I got it when i was about 5, which makes it about 15 years of muppety fun.

It also has one of my favorite Floyd quotes. He throws Ms. Piggy's dog, foofoo into a drawer and shuts, then yells, "BREATHE THROUGH THE KEY-HOLE, TURKEY DOG!" and cracks up laughing.

Good stuff.

Well, i've commandeered this thread long enough. Feel free to get back on topic! :D
  12. Beauregard

Wow! I've never seen the scene with Floyd and FooFoo. I always heard that he hated her, though. Gosh! How funny!
  13. chestermcdragon

chestermcdragon New Member

i even knew that.
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

My original post was very long, well thought out and it broke down the commercial in a precise manner of it's pros and cons... but I decided to erase that post and just say "Zaph-a-floo-na-ha"
  15. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

16. Beauregard

*snort*

*snicker*

*snigger*

*laughs out loud*

Vic, that was your best line Ever.

*exits stage left*
  17. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member