New Collectible Kermit Steiff Plush

goldengonzo

Reaction score
Who would pay that much when they can get the Master Replicas version for the same amount? :smile:

matleo

Reaction score
whoa! new entry for next year's Toughpigs ugly toy pageant.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The Steiff Brand is very collectible.Doesnt look ugly to me.Thanks for the link.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Another "ugly" vote from me as well. Though Steiff is very collectable as a brand, imo they could've done a lot better.

Sheesh. :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Dear Lord, that's awful! How can that price be justified? I still wouldn't pay that if it had been hand stitched by the Queen of England. Thank Heavens for Master Replicas! ! ! !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It appears they are boasting the materials but have gone quite wrong with the design -especially the Pac Man shaped head. Also, has Kermit been eating grape popsicles? The sagging material in his upper mouth is not justified either. Maybe it looks better in person, but I can't imagine how.

I suppose that this toy release is the equivalent to the gaudy purses or clothing pieces that demand a high price because of the brand name on the tag. I think someone over at Steiff confused "frogly" with "fugly". :embarrassed:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
... This looks like it came out of a claw machine

Kiki

Reaction score
He doesn't look... uh, erm, *SIGH*... /too/ bad. Okay, he looks weird, I mean- the mouth? What's up with it? Looks a little skewiff. And... 265 bucks? What a rip! Out of my price range...

Drtooth

Reaction score
It appears they are boasting the materials but have gone quite wrong with the design -especially the Pac Man shaped head. Also, has Kermit been eating grape popsicles? The sagging material in his upper mouth is not justified either. Maybe it looks better in person, but I can't imagine how.
Somehow it looks like they tried to make Kermit' face out of the shape of Grover's... Especially that bottom lip. Something for Steiff collectors, but I agree... if you want that sort of thing, the Master Replica is a million times better for the same amount of money.

The Scary thing is, a lot of much better Kermit plushes cost a fraction of a fraction of that. I still am loving that Macy's Kermit from 2002....