1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Custom Puppet Pictures

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by bezalel, Aug 17, 2006.

1. bezalel New Member

Hi all! It's been awhile since my last post. Things have been very busy in the workshop lately. I plan on posting pictures of these characters (plus some behind-the-scenes pics) on the Project Puppet Blog, but here's a preview (just for MC members) of some of the characters Project Puppet has been working on.

About half of the characters for this project were built from Project Puppet patterns. The others were custom patterns or "stock" patterns we had from previous projects. Hope you enjoy...

www.projectpuppet.com/images/bmb/wizbang.jpg
    www.projectpuppet.com/images/bmb/squirt.jpg
    www.projectpuppet.com/images/bmb/troll.jpg
    www.projectpuppet.com/images/bmb/slowmoe.jpg
    www.projectpuppet.com/images/bmb/bigmouth.jpg
  2. renegade Member

O Bezalel Those are'nt just links to pictures those are links to pure inspiration !!!!
    I blew a gasket when I saw these
    GREAT WORK!!!!
  3. wes Active Member

Those are awesome puppets. Great job!!:)
  4. gfarkwort Member

Very Nice Style!....Very Nice.
  5. Blink Member

I've said it before and I will say it again, "You are one of my favourtie builders."

Personally, I love Big Mouth sooo much. He is something special.

Great work. And what a wonderful style!
  6. mrhogg New Member

They look great!
  7. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Love 'em all, but Squirt is my absolute favorite!!!

Great work man.
  8. Tztz Member

Original and full of inspiration, as usual :)
    Hip Hip for you!
    (HURRAY)
  9. intozlight New Member

Such a great group of new characters! Can't wait to share my newest "Bernard - The boy beaver genius!" based on the sock pattern. He is all finished and I should have photos in a few days.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

Can the troll move his eyebrows?
  11. bezalel New Member

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

There are more characters in the works. I'll post pictures of them as well when they are finished.

Gfarkwort, yes, the trolls eyebrows move. More like an eye widening movement and they work independently of each other. I think the raising of just one of the eyebrows really fits his character.
  12. bezalel New Member

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

There are more characters in the works. I'll post pictures of them as well when they are finished.

Gfarkwort, yes, the trolls eyebrows move. More like an eye widening movement and they work independently of each other. I think the raising of just one of the eyebrows really fits his character.
  13. gfarkwort Member

That's Awesome!....it does look like it would fit his character...He's Cool...
  14. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Awesome stuff!

In a quick run-down, what'll you be doing with them?
  15. bezalel New Member

Hey Foz - I'll be handing the characters off to the folks behind Big Magic Book. :) They'll be shooting 3 pilot episodes in a few weeks. It's to be a children's television show. The underlying idea of the show is that anything can happen between the pages of the Big Magic Book!

You can read about it on the Big Magic Book Production Diary or more about the puppets on the Project Puppet Blog
  16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

17. sleepylagoon New Member

Great work Bezalel, simply wonderful characters.
    On a side note, was wondering if you would consider patterns or instructions on the mechs and other accessories you use on your puppets as part of your product line on your website?
  18. ChinoXL New Member

Those are wicked! I like bigmouth allot
  19. bezalel New Member

Thanks again for the positive comments everyone.

Sleepylagoon, it's been our intention for quite a while now to come up with a blinking eye mech kit that could be easily added to the Project Puppet patterns (or any puppet for that matter). The idea hasn't materialized as of yet. Creating a product like a blinking eye mech is quite a challenge - balancing simplicity of design, availability of materials, the versatility of the mech itself, while (and at the same time):concern: making the whole package affordable. Nevertheless, it is a product we see for the future.

We've been very busy recently in the custom puppet "department". Once we finish up the current projects, we'll be jumping feet first into new patterns and kits and series for Project Puppet. So really all I can say at this point is ...stay tuned!
  20. Keeermit Active Member

Bloody Beautiful work as always! Your work always brings a smile to my face :)