NEW Dark Crystal book

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Hey SCARECROE

I went to your review link, but when I click on the "full review" my Mac with the most recent Explorer says it doesn't "support protocol" or something.

Could you maybe copy and paste the full review and put it here?

Please :embarrassed:

Don't forget to set some money aside for that book :wink:

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Y'know, gaming on the Mac is so easy, because there are only six games available, and we've all played them on the PC five years ago, so it's easy to make the right choice from those six Mac games released every year :big_grin:

But.....I do wanna use this iMac for a boat anchor :mad:

It's 350 mhz :eek:

Pity me :stick_out_tongue:

Eek :embarrassed:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still have my 1997 Power Mac in the closet. LOL! It was a good computer for its time. Now it keeps the dist mites company. :eek:

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Or, it's acting as a hotel for them. Kinda like an ant farm or a big mason jar full of sea monkeys :big_grin:

Maybe you could turn it on and let it sit there keeping your slippers warm :big_grin:

Ohmigod, I just made fun of Macs :eek:

I will redeem myself to the Mac community!

The "Dude, you're getting a Dell" guy is GONE! He got busted for buying drugs! No more Dell Dude on TV, print, internet and radio!

Click here:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/02/10/dell.dude.arrest/index.html

BWAaaahahahahahaaaa :mad:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Ooh, bummer on the Mac :frown:

Here's their full review....

The Dark Crystal: Superbit__(1982)
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment
93 mins. · Rated: PG · 16x9 · 2.35:1
Audio: E - DD 5.1 / E - DTS
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Extras: none

Another wave of ’Superbit’ titles is upon us from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, and in this line-up we find Jim Henson’s and Frank Oz’s magical gem ’The Dark Crystal.’ It had been released earlier as a Special Edition - please visit our in-depth review here for additional details on the movie - and this ’Superbit’ version promises to improve on the overall presentation quality of the movie by leaving out all the extras and using all the DVD’s storage space for the feature presentation.

The result is marvelous to say the very least. The image is absolutely stunning with a richness and a level of detail that is staggering. While a few shots in the movie are still plagued by speckles and dust, the overall presentation is significantly better that the previous release. The colorful and atmospheric production of the film is coming through in all its glory. The gloomy scenes in the castle of the Skeksis is so full of detail that you will no doubt discover things you may not have noticed before. But also the outdoor scenes in this magical and grotesque world are wonderfully reproduced and especially the swamp with its varied critters and colorful hues throughout is a showpiece of DVD’s capabilities.

This DVD also contains a 5.1 channel DTS audio track, which adds immensely to the enchanting atmosphere of the film. Once again, the castle scenes are the reference here with a very subtle ambiance that howls through the corridors. It is wonderfully reproduced here and even the most subtle inflections in the sound production are shining through here. It is a marvelous track that is the perfect addition to this movie.

Once again, a ’Superbit’ release is playing its muscles. Very clearly this DVD is superior in quality to the previous Special Edition. As a hard-core fan of the movie, this is the version I have been dying for. Never has the movie looked richer, more detailed and captivating than in this release! Thank you, Columbia!

Guido Henkel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I liked the Dell dude. :frown: Who thought the guy was sober anyway? :stick_out_tongue:

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Well, that's why he was so successful; he was high and so were his customers.

After all, you'd have to be stoned to buy a PC :wink:

(sid crowe runs and hides) :embarrassed: