New DVD Player

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've finished my lay-buy on my new DVD Player now it's just sitting in the cupboard till I can get a new storage cabinet display. When it's all set up I'll get rid of the old one. I'm hopeful that the new one will work better since they say the cheaper you buy a player the greater the chance it'll play your DVDs reliably.

Since I have improved and hope to maintain the problems with my swearing with God's help after all the trouble I've had in my life I hope my new machine won't tempt me by making glitches in my movies.

Thanks to all who have been praying for me and God bless you all in Christ's Name:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well my machine is working beautifully for me so far. I have a multi-region player obviously since it plays the US discs I bought throughthe comic shop. I have the complete classic series Kolchak: the Night Stalker including the two pilot movies. The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler and all 20 episodes of the short-lived television series is a real treat to have. They are rather moralistic films to watch a bit of light-hearted horror suspense with a touch of tongue-in-cheek humour thrown in.
Darren McGavin was excellent in the role of newspaper reporter Carl Kolchak as he tracked down and dispatched one monster after another. Nothing immoral or indecent about that stuff. I hope to build up a library of classic shows like that for my enjoyment. I'll let you know when I get them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I'm hopeful that the new one will work better since they say the cheaper you buy a player the greater the chance it'll play your DVDs reliably.
You know, I never heard that. But glad to hear its working properly. Mine...not so much. But I think my tv has a glitch in the plug thingies you plug the plugs into, cause it works fine on my parents tv. I hope I can figure out thte problem...but its ok, I got my PS2 and my portable dvd player to back me up:big_grin: