1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Ernie , Bert And Elmo Replicas

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

Hey all, just thought i'd drop you all a line and tell you about my new replicas. I haven't made a new Ernie:p or Bert:( for about 10 years so i thought it was about time I made them. And I have improved ( well i think i have :) ) my Elmo. cheers
    jarrod

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/puppets
  2. Blink

Blink Member

Beautiful stuff Jarrod.

I especially love the Bart Simpson puppet. It is amazing the shapes you are able to achieve with your designs. Great job!.
  3. GabeFirestone

GabeFirestone Member

OMFG!!! love your stuff, and am obsessed w/ avenue q... can you email me some info about how you did trekkie? i'm actually in the middle of making a nicky replica... will post pix when done...

email me at artzykidg91@sbcglobal.net
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Just saw some of your new work. I love Jack the Squirrel and Norris! It's cool to see Nancy Cartwright loved your Bart Simpson puppet.

Great work as usual Jerrod!
  5. davidmartiste

davidmartiste Member

Jarrod

Your work is nothing short of amazing! I emailed a while back - don't know if you got it. I'm interested in learning what materials and methods you use for your arm rods. I'd definitely purchase your 'how to' video if you ever get around to it. I want to say that you are a class act on ebay as well. I'm floored when I see some puppet designers demand rediculous prices for puppets that aren't even 1/2 as good.

Peace ~ David
  6. renegade

renegade Member

Keeermit
    Could you help out and tell us what your using as a material for the half egg type eyes on you puppets ? like on frank here or the little corbin monster

Also do you have any pic's of interior eye mech that you've made for any of your puppets .
    Your work and creatively will surely be missed if you stop making puppets when you go overseas

thanks for all the inspiration!

7. Arislan

Arislan New Member

I sure want your Elmo :o)
  8. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I saw theese last night when i was at your site. As usual great job! Keep it up. I also love your Bart simpson. i have had thoughts of doing simpson puppets myself for a while.
  9. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I'm pretty sure he uses plastic spoons. Could be somthing else, but that's my guess.
  10. renegade

renegade Member

There kind of a odd shape spoon. but I'm always on the look out for good smooth plastic spoons . Havent come across any thing like those but would still love to know if thats what they are .
  11. dingolad

dingolad New Member

wow!!!!!!!! jesus! amazing job, on everything

great great puppets some of the best ive seen that are not henson....
  12. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

rea nice puppets
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

You do great work. I'm impressed.
  14. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hey all,
    thanks for your kind words about my work, I'm glad you enjoy clicking through my website. As far as my Trekkie replica I don't have any plans sorry, I just compile lots of reference shots and work it out from there - I recommend trying this method if you wish to make replicas because as you are probably aware companies like Henson don't give the patterns away..... You might have to make ten wrong ones before you are happy with it. Now as far as my eyes go, I think the ones you were talking about were the "egg" shaped eyes.....and thats what they are... plastic eggs, I now have a mold and make my own eyes, which allows me to make any shape or size eyes. Just keep an eye out for different shaped items that may make good eyes and experiment ( thats what i do)
  15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Her Keeermit, you do some awesome work man. I think you did a sweet job with thoes Erine and Berts of 2006, as well as Elmo. Your other repilcas are sweet as well. Hope to see more of your work.
  16. Fuzzhead

Fuzzhead New Member

I just looked through your site and all I can say is WOW! Probably the best replicas I have ever seen. And the original characters are incredible. I love Grog. Only thing I didn't like were all the pop-ups.
  17. aaronmojo

aaronmojo Member

Beautiful stuff! I envy the eyes!
  18. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

very well done Jarrod as usual
  19. zns

zns Well-Known Member

You do great work Jarrod. I just hope that someday, I can do business with you (if I can afford it).
  20. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

How about making more replicas of obscure Muppet characters such as these:

Droop
    Boppity
    Shakey Sanchez
    Flower-Eating Monster
    Green Boppity
    Dark Green Hunchback Frackle
    Purple Frackle
    Trumpet Fazoob
    Fish Fazoob
    Brool Minstrel
    Murray Minstrel
    Wander McMooch
    Mudwell Mudbunny
    Aretha
    Begoony
    Blustering Bellowpane Monster
    Whaddyasay Bird
    Forcryingoutloud Bird
    Ohboy Bird
    Muppet Cow
    Muppet Sheep
    Earl Dragon (from Puppetman)
    Tug Monster (from Little Muppet Monsters)
    Harry the Rhinoceros (from Jim Henson's Animal Show)
    Two Wickershams (from The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss)
    Goat (from Telling Stories with Tomie DePaola)