1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Feature: Change Username

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 28, 2016.

1. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

My username looks weird on the homepage.

Why is the n on the left and not on the right like it usually is?

[​IMG]

2. WhoseLineFan

And it's only showing up on my computer and not on any of my mobile devices.

3. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

It's due to the width of the page. Your username is longer than the width of the box, so the N ends up on the second line.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  4. 1000 Eyes

XenForo looks differently on mobile devices; they have a smaller width, so it looks differently.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  5. WhoseLineFan

Okay. Is there a way I can change or fix this?

6. 1000 Eyes

The admins could make the page wider, or you could put spaces between the words in your username.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  7. WhoseLineFan

I want the page to look wider.

8. 1000 Eyes

I think that the page is set like this, so if you want it to be wider, you'll have to take that up with the staff.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  9. WhoseLineFan

Okay. But if I take this up with the staff, they won't respond and they will say no.

10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well I think you solved your own problem there. You can't expect the staff to cater to just you and your problems or demand them to change the website because you dont like something aesthetically. Honestly, it's not a big deal as it is not negatively affecting your experience here, other than maybe being annoying to look at.

1000 Eyes and WhoseLineFan like this.
  11. WhoseLineFan

I agree with you.

12. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Active Member

I was able to Change it to my Youtube Username (ChickyBoy37) To be honest I was getting Tired of "Kuriboh Man"

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to be a nay-sayer and say now I can see why this feature wasn't available previously, and a name change had to be something you spoke to Phil about: already since this has been implemented, I've noticed some members have changed their handles a number of times, and admittedly, it does get confusing after a while in trying to remember who's who when names are changed so frequently - despite there being the username histories and all. I haven't been keeping count, but wasn't there supposed to be limits on how many times members could change their names and how often?

I'm not saying that we need to take this feature away after it's been implemented (though, then again, it was nice that we finally had been allowed to post images in our signatures, but that rolled back almost immediately after it happened), but it does feel like already it's kind of being abused.

14. 1000 Eyes

On the other hand, since there's a max of three username changes per user, that means that once they've done it three times they can't change it again. Personally I like this system and think it works.

Just my two cents. ;)

15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I thought there was supposed to be a limit, I couldn't remember. I just remember way back when, a name change was something you had to go through Phil to do.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Actually Snowth, as Diesel11 pointed out, a forum member has a max limit of 3 name change opportunities allowed to them.
    :batty: Why 3?
    *Cindy, The Three-Fingered Typist from Beetlejuice, holding up her hand: Rule #3, Rule of Three.

BlakeConor14 has already used up all three of his name changes.
    And if a member wants their name changed, they still have to recur to Phil as he's the only member of the staff who currently has the power to grant said name changes.

Hope this answers your questions.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

But I thought it was just a matter of typing in the new name in a box and clicking submit, since the option is on the settings page. Is it not an automatic thing then? Does it still need to be approved before the change takes place?

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

When I changed my username a couple months ago (I simply changed the lowercase "L" to an uppercase "L"), all I did was use the option in the settings and pressed submit like you said. I didn't have to go through any mod or admin.

19. 1000 Eyes

I think he means once they've used up their three username changes allowed.

20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Actually, thanks for clarifying that Sarge. Didn't know that the User Name Change option is built into a member's profile/personal settings so they can perform the name change themselves. Sorry for the confusion. :o