1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Fisher Price SST Collect A Pals

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think that's the right name... they're small ball shaped figures made by Fisher Price with various different characters that Preschoolers love... so far, they have Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, something called Wubzy (Wubzy? Okay...) They also have a new line of Sesame Street toys featuring 4 characters (you'll be surprised who's in the assortment... trust me)

They have the Standard Elmo and Ernie... they also have an Oscar (and get ready for this) Snuffy. No kidding. These things retail for about 3 bucks each.
  2. the80sdrummer

the80sdrummer Member

I saw these at my Target yesterday. In addition to the four you mentioned, they also had an Abby and a Count.
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Unique choice of characters. I'm most surprised by them including Snuffy & Count. Thought they would've included someone like Grover or Cookie Monster.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's a shame it doesn't include Herry or Biff and Sully. ;) Hmm, and I have noticed that there haven't been any Murray Monster toys...
  5. Drtooth

Unfortunately, my Target only has Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse Club, and Backyardigans.... Didn't know about the Count, though. I seriously want that one. I really hope we get more series of these little figures.... It would be a great place to test market a Murray.
  6. minor muppetz

I saw these at Target today, and they look really neat. I didn't buy them, but they are cool-looking.

Oh, and they also had a Grover.
  7. Drtooth

They might be stylized and a sub genre of toy (i.e. like Hasbro's cool Galactic/Marvel/Robot/Adventure Heroes line), but this is pretty much what I've been calling for for a while now.... cheap, simple SS collectibles. No large singing Elmos, no odd talking keyboards or cell phones... just some nice little affordable collectibles similar to PVC's... and a Grover? Man, why can't my Target seem to have anything but Backyardigans? (what the heck is that? Some sort of sweater? :batty: )
  8. minor muppetz

I found that Muppet Wiki has a page for these toys. All characters mentioned in this thread were made, as well as Cookie Monster.

muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Collect-a-Pal
  9. Drtooth

The Count is by far the pick of the litter there. Looks like they're expanding vynal collectibles for the preschool set. Of course, I have to admit, I think these are much cooler than most vynals I've seen. And cheaper too. Take the same figures, put them in a blind box, and you could sell them for 10 bucks or more.
  10. CalciferBoheme

CalciferBoheme New Member

Funny thing is, they're both there...

I just want to know where the heck Big Bird is! Being an 80s kid and all, he's still my favorite. Bert, Tully, Super Grover, etc. would be awesome too.

I hope the line continues. I got Oscar, Cookie Monster, Snuffy, and Ernie for my girlfriend at Christmas. We'll have the other soon enough. I really wish I'd gotten Count today.

Here are pics for those interested.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Collect-a-Pal
  11. Drtooth

Collect-a-pal shape strongly prohibits and limits the look of the characters. All their features would have to fit perfectly into a ball shape. Big Bird's beak would be out of the question, even though his head would be perfect. Bert also... he has that pointy head. The only other characters that would work are all older AM characters and rounder headed monsters. I'm sure a Murray would work, but I doubt they're going to bother with a second series of these.
  12. CalciferBoheme

I don't know, The count's nose sticks out a good bit in his collect a pal. Ad bot big bird and bert have been made into balls before, I'm sure it could be figured out if they wanted. It mostly is just a smaller issue in the overall lak of big bird toys these days.

I hope they make a second series of this... But I don't know how well it's selling, so you could be right there.
  13. Drtooth

The Count's nose sticks out just a little, but it doesn't require the shape to change all that much. Not to mention it countours without having to sacrifice shape. Big Bird's beak (logistically) would have to be manufactured facing down ward or sideways to fit the same requirements. It wouldn't look good. I could provide a small sketch to show you what I mean. I'm sure they thought about Big Bird, but couldn't get the logistics together to make it possible. Plus, I think the SS has the highest assortment of any of the other characters they have. Even Disney only has Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and Tigger.
  14. CalciferBoheme

Maybe... I still wish they would do it. There is a severe lack of Big Bird merch.

:wisdom: