1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Forum Feature: Quick Reply

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Oct 3, 2003.

?

Do you like the new quick reply feature?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2004.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I wanted to test a new forum feature, quick reply.

You will notice in the bottom right of each message an arrow pointing down. This is the quick reply icon. Click on it and it will take you to the bottom of the page where you can quickly respond to a particular message. (You can't enter text until a quick reply icon has been chosen.) This should be particularly effective for dial-up users since you won't have to load a whole new page to post a quick message. Smilies can be used in the quick reply box, but you will need to use the abbreviated codes. If you want to respond as usual, just click on the "reply" button and the interface will take you to a new page. (If you are not logged in, you will not see the quick reply option since you have to be registered to post.)

Try it out some and then vote in the poll above. Let us know what you think.

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow! This is cool, and it works too, if this pops up...

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm going to like this......

4. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

Hecka cool!

5. matleo

matleo Active Member

sorry, I don't see the difference between this and regular replying. Am I doing this right?

--Matt

6. Yeah, makes it quicker---nice 'n easy! :D Thanks, Phil!

7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah makes things a lot quicker - i think i like it !

8. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

Yeah, you don't need to open up the other page anymore. Works really good if you are on a dial-up line. If you are on DSL, it's not much, but it's cool. Me like still.

9. radionate

radionate New Member

I like it! Didn't think I would, but I do. Especially because it is so easy to quote someone still!

10. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I clicked the quick reply thing and still got sent to a new page. What went wrong?

11. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

OK, I think I get it. Cool. :)
    Erin

12. Beauregard

How could you posibably not like it? You can even go bold in Italy's undergroud

And look
    unquote!

13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Oooooh! Very nice!

I'm still having one problem, though. Whenever I come in here (at least on my computer) the text I type doesn't show up as I'm typing it. It always shows up long after I'm done typing it. I'm typing blind over here! It takes forever.

14. BJC899

BJC899 Member

Oh, I think I like this.

Very cooool

15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

hey this is great! really good for people with slower modems, like myself! doesn't put as much strain on the 24K

16. Thijs

Thijs Member

let's test it

17. Thijs

Thijs Member

Hey this works very good. You have my vote

18. Beauregard

Is there anyone who still dosn't like this? It is great for the word association and random randomness

19. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Trying this out to see what I think.

EDIT: I like it. Still have to wait 120 seconds, but it's a cool tool.