1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Henson GSN show: Late Night Liars

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Luke, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hi Guys,

The Jim Henson Company are developing a new late night gameshow for GSN coming this Summer. The name currently being used is "Never Trust A Puppet" or "Late Night Liars".

The format is "A late night comedy and gameshow where human contestants face off against 5 outrageous puppets, who also happen to be celebrities and lie straight to their face. Puppets created by the Jim Henson Production Company. Hosted by Larry Miller."

I think by sounds of it they have taken some inspiration from how Jim made "Muppets" of the Muppeteers, Bernie Brillstein and others and will make them for the celebs on the show.

More info here :-

http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/larry-miller-hosts-gsns-late-night-puppet-game-show/

Sounds interesting!
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty good but I hate to be a pessimist, but knowing the Henson track record, I don't think we'll hear much else. But this really does have potential.
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Sounds interesting :)

An interesting twist from the usual work at JHC.
  4. Taco Monster

Taco Monster Member

According to BuzzerBlog, the show is now officially called Late Night Liars. It will be hosted by Larry Miller, and will debut on June 10th at 11 PM.

5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Sounds very cool, nice to see another Henson show on the air.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That orangutang is from the never shown Late Night Buffet pilot, tho Im not sure the other ones have been used in puppet up or HA! stuff.

But FINALLY, HA! brand used in late night adult formats on tv
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

8. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Active Member

9. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Active Member

10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Very cool Grant, great podcast. Looking forward to the show!
  11. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Great podcast!

I'm looking forward to seeing this new series. Shelly Oceans reminds me of Joan Rivers.
  12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Still waters run deep.
  13. Froggie

Froggie New Member

Shelley vs Lucy

I don't know if anyone has seen AvenueQ? But the character Shelley Oceans looks an awful lot like Lucy the Sl*t from the musical AvenueQ... :confused:
  14. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

This looks flippin' awesome! I love the concept, and I think it is high-time for another adult Muppet show. The characters seem well-conceived, and if they get the writing and pacing right, I think this show could last (we'll see).

I agree that Shelly Oceans looks a lot like Lucy the Sl*t from Avenue Q (great, great show). Also, I love that they have a celebutante on the show, pink poodle Cashmere Ramada. Love the description below:

"She constantly inserts herself into charities she doesn’t understand, thinking that “Save the Dolphins” was an effort to prolong the amount of time you could keep dolphin meat in the freezer. " LOL! :D

Hopefully I can watch this on Hulu at some point, since I don't have cable.
  15. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i saw a commercial for it last night
  16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I watched the show, and I love it! It's very funny! They actually showed it twice, but it was the same episode. And I watched it with my brother, and he liked it.
  17. ploobis

I loved it!

I can't wait to see the next episode.
  18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

19. ploobis

I'm trying to see if new episodes of this show air on Thursdays at 11:00pm but I'm not having luck finding out.

I wanna know when the next episode comes on.
  20. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I loved the show! It's definitely fun to watch and I liked the fact that the contestants get to interact with the characters. I wonder who plays that weasel? It sounds a lot like Eric Jacobson to me. Anyway, the weasel was funny as were the others and the fact they added celebrity trivia in the mix is great stuff!