1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this January

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Oct 7, 2003.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

According to R2 project more classic Henson DVDS is to be released this January 2004 in the UK.

On the 26/1/2004 Columbia will release: Dark Crystal - Collector's Edition, an all new third volume of The Muppet Show and...

FRAGGLE ROCK!!!!!!:halo:

However, R2 project.org says there are rumours and stories from unofficial sources :o - Let's hope they are true :)

See ya

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Lol danny who cares about that we alredy have that over here why make such a big deal about that wowo lol your funny. heres how to do it :crazy:

there that says it all LOL

4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Dwayne,

Danny cares about it. I care about it. Alex probably cares about it. And alot more people.
    No need to be unkind.

I really hope that they are real sources !

*EXCITED*

5. MuppetDanny

Well said BlueFrackle,

If this news is true (I HOPE ;) ) your petition has paid off :D

Next question...... UK or US episodes? - my money is on US episodes

6. Animal

Animal New Member

GREAT NEWS!!! :)

I really hope this is true, and my money is also on US episodes and complete! ;)

I wonder what the third Muppet Show volume will be...

Thanks for sharing Danny!

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

7. MuppetDanny

Very likely to be like the previous DVD's. An new fifty-minute compilation show, 2 unedited shows and also the 2nd half of "Muppet Fairy Tales" (also known as "Muppet Classic Theatre"). Apart from that you guess is good as mine. :)

8. BlueFrackle

Danny,

Hmmm, I dont know about The Muppet Show DVD.
    See the previous two we've had where just DVD form of the VHS previously released, Or maybe they sold so well that they are making a third volume (I hope thats the case!)

By the way Dwayne, Fraggle Rock is only available on DVD in France, Big shot.

see ya

9. MuppetDanny

It must be :D :excited:

10. Luke

Luke Active Member

I have heard UK specific Fraggle Rock murmors but nothing solid so it comes as a surprise - i'll ask someone at Columbia. If it happens it'll be a 'best of' i guess. Also yeah, very surprising they are spending the cash on editing together another TMS complilation - i wonder if maybe one was made before but not released. It's a good way to get two full TMS episodes per DVD if they keep on going, but i don't know why they don't just stick 3 episodes on a disc and save the editing money.

11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

France wow France must be smater then all of us i need to move to france just for Fagle Rock not .

sorry im not in a good mood so let somone bit off my leg and feed it to the :zany:

12. Luke

Luke Active Member

I just heard from Columbia - there is definitely legs to this Fraggle Rock DVD thing. The official line on it is that they don't have a confirmed release date yet for either 'Fraggle Rock' or 'Very Best Of The Muppet Show Volume 3' DVD's. They wouldn't say that if the discs weren't happening at all. I am waiting to hear more back from them, which should hopefully include specifics on the disc contents.

13. BlueFrackle

Luke,

Oh, Fantastic. So a new 50 Minute Compilation will probably be made. Any guesses on the next best two episodes of The Muppet Show ?

We had Elton John and Star Wars on DVD 1, Roger Moore and Sylvester Stallone on DVD 2... Im thinking maybe Julie Andrews and Vincent Price?

Its a shame we know that the Fraggle Rock DVD is more than likely to be a 'Best Of'. But atleast we're getting some episodes !

And Dwayne, This thread really doesnt have anything for you. Move on up, And move on out.

:D

14. MuppetDanny

I don't think Vincent Price maybe John Clesse or british comedian

And very likely to be US epsiodes and how know's CTHE might put on the DVD "Down at FR : Making of" as a special feature :halo:

15. Luke

Luke Active Member

That would be fantastic - yeah it's quite possible they could do something similar to the TMS releases with regards to extras.

16. BlueFrackle

Luke,

Who can we get intouch with to make them aware of the stuff available for extra's ?

see ya

17. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'll find out and let you know BlueFrackle

18. mattyboy

mattyboy New Member

This is great news. I bet that the two episodes of 'The Muppet Show' will be Julie Andrews and Gene Kelly. However, I really do not want 'Muppet Fairy Tales' on it, I wish that they could put on 'The Muppets Go Hollywood' or something because that seems more relevant.
    A new 50 minuted edited Muppet Show is great but I'm just wondering what clips they will show? ('Sax And Violence'...etc)
    I wonder if they'll use one of the videos from 1985? I doubt it. I'd love it if one of those videos was an extra.
    What are your views on what clips they might show on the third installment?

19. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Well ya gotta love Columbia-TriStar,
    I'm sooo pleased at the the way they have picked up the Muppets on DVD, and as for Fraggle Rock DVD's.
    What a fantastically Muppety year we've had so far and now more in the pipeline :)
    Jamie

20. MuppetDanny

Update

I found some more news from DVD Debate.com ........

It seems to be official... FRAGGLE ROCK IS COMING TO DVD!! :excited: