New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this November

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
I doubt they use the French print as it dosen't have an english track (right ?) and have to find an english track to replace it. Unless they use it as an 2nd auido track and get US print and use that track as well :frown:
Wrong :smile: The French DVD has an English soundtrack on it.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
So this is only in the UK then?but I would really like TCT on DVD! I hope it comes to the USA too! It's odd that they are re relasing AMFC on dvd again? It hasn't come to the uk then right? Because it has been out in the USA, I was hoping they as i read this they it was world round and wishing they got the rights to the whole movie so they could put it all in the dvd, but I guess not then in the US?

smcguire

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
I didn't say their will be cut, I said it likely to be cut. These days UK DVD's are copied from US DVD's (I guess) .
Not necessarily - here in the US we got a pan&scan version of "Muppet Treasure Island" in the US, whereas the UK got an anamorphic widescreen release. The extras on the DVDs were pretty much the same, though.

--Scott McGuire

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Update

Blackstar.co.uk has listed the item.

The product is entitled "Muppet Family Christmas, A / A Christmas Story " to be realsed on 3rd of Nov. '03 with this summury.........
Featuring 'A Muppet Christmas' in which Emily Bear planned for a nice quiet Christmas, without realising that Kermit and his buddies would show up and 'A Christmas Toy'.
blackstar.co.uk
I'm guessing that is a misprint and meant "The Christmas Toy" and could this mean a double feature DVD ? :excited: :confused:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Double feature is my guess, considering that the description contains two other mistakes (Missing the word "family," and misspelled "realizing") :big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Double feature is my guess, considering that the description contains two other mistakes (Missing the word "family," and misspelled "realizing") :big_grin:
"realising" is spelled correctly. It's spelled with an 's' in the UK.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
My bad

\Could be two different films then (One Henson and one non); who knopws

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
2nd UPDATE

I just looked at the official Columbia Tri-Star Home Entertainment site and it's definitely "The Christmas Toy" :excited: along with "MFC"

Next qustion is will it be a double feature DVD (2 films on 1 DVD) or a double DVD pack (Like the French DVD one)?

any ideas ?

anathema

Reaction score
Columbia's website is the single worst excuse for a site I have *ever* seen! Someone needs to take Flash away from them and beat 'acceptable use' into them with a very big stick...