New house, new workshop.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a house and am getting the keys April 16th! Yaaay! Anyway, I'll have about 13ft by 15ft space to work with- which is a better improvement to my 6ft by 6ft space I'm using presently. I made a floorplan using Grizzly. I think it is a great design and has things I want- room for sewing, cutting, gluing, ventilation, easy access power outlets, great storage. I would love to hear any workshop ideas anyone has had luck with or would love to include in my plan when I build it.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Congratulations!

That's a huge amount of space! How exciting!

I have only one suggestion--if the space is far away from your kitchen, invest in a small mini-fridge... Not only will you have cold Squirt at your fingertips, you'll also have some ice nearby when you burn yourself...or if you have me over and I burn myself--which is just about daily.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Stacey --

have you ever tried that tip about having a small glass of water nearby when using a hot glue gun? What you do is dip the fingers of the hand not operating the glue gun in water immediately before you stick something on the puppet. It might get the puppet a little damp (a few drops here and there won't hurt the puppet), but it keeps you from being burned most of the time.

Hope this helps you from being burned -- it helped me a lot!

Steve