1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Kermit & Piggy Christmas Ornaments @ Wal-Mart!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheJimHensonHour, Oct 7, 2007.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I also wonder why that is too? maybe thay didnt make enuff of Fozzie at the factory? :confused:
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It seems the manufacturers or ornament company is making a frequent error in thinking the pig sells big. No matter how popular she is on her own, when pegged with other Muppet characters she's usually the weakest seller. :mad: For some reason, that's just the way it is.

People like Fozzie (and Gonzo for that matter). As strange as it sounds, they should have made more bears and short-packed the pig. However, that Piggy pose does look good. Can't tell from the picture - hope they didn't make her skinny!:o
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Jamie when I get them in the mail (im hoping thursday or friday) i'll take some BETTER pic of the 3 NEW Muppet ornaments of :) :mad: :o ... yeah I hope Piggy isnt too skinny too!
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I believe I saw that ornament at Hallmark, I keep meaning to get it, it's so lovely.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's the same Mickey/Minnie Logic. Piggy does have fans, but she never really sells as well as the odd man out characters, like Animal or Beaker.

That said, I wish Target carried these. Wal+marts aren't too plentiful in my area, and I doubt I'd be able to find these anywhere else.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks! It's just so cool that new Muppet stuff is trickling out on store shelves. Especially Muppet holiday stuff. The Muppets used to saturate the Christmas season.
  7. Drtooth

They do, but it's just easier to find the Sesame Street muppets nowadays. They have several items at Target. Mini orniments, large orniments, different regular sized orniments with a free miniature attatched, stockings, and Singing plush dioramas.

Honestly, I'd be happy if someone got the hint and made a Bunsen and Beaker or a Swedish Chef orniment.
  8. Davina

Davina Member

Well, I found all of 4 of these at the Wal-Mart I was at today.. 3 Kermits and a Fozzie... Needless to say, I grabbed the Fozzie and one of the Kermits.. no sign of Piggy there.. but I shall keep looking...
  9. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Davina you're taunting me aren't you! lol I just went to another wal-mart 5 kermits and 2 piggys just like every other wal-mart in the PA area no one Fozzie in the bunch oi!
  10. Davina

Davina Member

I'll be in the area of another wal-mart tomorrow when I go to see the chiropractor, i was gonna check there for Piggy... so i'll see if i can find another Fozzie, for ya too.. hehehe
    otherwise, all i can say is, come to alaska, we got lots of bears here.. :)
    (apparently we had a black bear down in my circle last year that I didn't know about til last week....)
  11. Davina

Davina Member

well, the walmart i went to today didn't have any at all.. then again, they really didn't have much of any of the christmas character stuff from the lines they're carrying this year, so.. i shall have to keep looking....
  12. Davina

Davina Member

ok, drove in to anchorage today and stopped at one of the walmarts there.. and... yes! they had like 6 kermits, 4 piggies and a fozzie... so, i got my piggy, my set is complete.. hehe :)

might just have to start snatching up extras for others soon :)
  13. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I have not seen any of these in my local Walmart's. :mad:
  14. PhiNuBlue

PhiNuBlue Member

I haven't seen any at the local Walmarts by me either. I mean they don't even have a space for them. I have been to at least 4 looking. This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if they are being sold anywhere else? I would just rather buy my own then fight it out on ebay.
  15. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Just wanted to thank Davina for helping me get Fozzie he's been so hard to track down! :)
  16. Drtooth

Looking at that picture, I have seen the Kermit in the assortment of small American Greetings orniments they sell at Shaws supermarkets. But just one Kermit, no Piggy, no Fozzie. I had a feeling they had those.

Seems like those are the only 2 retailors that have them.
  17. PhiNuBlue

PhiNuBlue Member

Hmmm... I think I'll have to check my local grocery stores. That was the only other thing I could think of.
  18. Davina

Davina Member

no problem.. hopefully he should get to you next week
  19. tiggergirl19

tiggergirl19 Member

I'd have to ask my boyfriend if the Wal-Mart where he works has these ornaments or not. And then I'll ask him if he's seen them. I'd like to see them since I've about them in this thread. :) :confused: :halo:
  20. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I have yet to see any of these is the Wisconsin Walmart's. :mad: