1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New MC Smileys! Final 5 Completed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by frogboy4, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. frogboy4 Inactive Member

These final five smileys nicely complete the selection and make it an even 40 to choose from.

My issues with the MC website are not resolved, but instead of holding these dusty gems hostage on my hard drive, I decided to give them a spit-shine and share them here with forum members. The staff has authorization to integrate them into the current selection.

[IMG] = Jim
    [IMG] = Sigh
    [IMG] = Dreamy
    [IMG] = Fishy
    [IMG] = Grr
    [IMG] = Jim (alternate version with rainbow)

I was nearly done with these when I was asked to remake all of the classic emoticons to fit a new arbitrary size. Each one took a very long time to perfect and I refused to fuss with that when the rest of the site, like the cards section, has been falling apart for years! Anyway. I'm not opening that can of worms again.

Phil can use these or scrap them, but I won't alter any of them or make any new ones. Feel free to pick the Jim version you prefer. Just copy paste the files listed here.

Again, this is for you guys. I am no longer working for MC staff. Enjoy! :)
    beakerboy12 and The Count like this.
  2. Slackbot Well-Known Member

I hope they do add these to the smiley menu. I want to use the Boober sigh in particular. Thanks for posting them.
  3. The Count Moderator

Thanks very much for sharing these with us Jamie. I especially appreciate the Sigh/Boober one after campaigning for it, and I hope the Dreamy one is Mokey to complete the Fraggle 5. If Fishy is Lew, then who's Grrrr!? Again, thanks and have an awesome weekend.
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Sweetums is grrr
  5. The Count Moderator

6. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Love the Sweetums one. I really hope these are used. They are amazing.
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Awesomeness!
  8. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks guys. The perfectionist in me just gave them all one final quick once-over. Boober and Lew had some minor issues that have since been fixed. [IMG] Anyway, here's how they would look if the MC staff made them available to us. If not, it's okay...really it is. [IMG]

[IMG]

The trick with these has been to keep them as pixel crisp as possible. Free-transforming them to a smaller size or shaving off rows of pixels just doesn't work very well. [IMG] There's an art to making tiny compositions that still emote. [IMG]

I hope these do justice to the Muppets and to Smiley faces everywhere. (insert another bootleg emoticon here) [IMG]
  9. TSSD Active Member

Wow, good job! I like these a lot!
  10. beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I love these! All of these look so great! :):D[IMG]
  11. Beauregard Well-Known Member

OH! Interesting. These can totally be bootlegged!

Bea[IMG]{Jim Jim Jimmy Jim Jim Jim}regard
    beakerboy12 and frogboy4 like this.
  12. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Bootleg away! Jus' don' be stealin' my Frogboy [IMG] Kermit! Hehe!
    (okay, you can steal him too if you wannim)
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

GAH! I L[IMG]VE the Frogboy Kermit.

Why do I feel a custom smilie craze coming along...

Edit: Just realized that last post of mine took me to 20,000! :zany::zany::zany::zany::zany: Gratuitousness Penguins needed!
  14. Phillip Administrator

Thanks Jamie. These are great!

We'll update the smilie selection for the forum this week. The time and care that you've put into these is much appreciated. Fanstastic work as always!
  15. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks! There are actually two more coming today. I discovered a few more discarded ones and will upload the best two in order to complete the smiley grid of 7 rows of 6 faces.
  16. TSSD Active Member

More? :D Can't wait!
  17. frogboy4 Inactive Member

The complete line up!
    Please use these as they are the final versions.
    Some have been altered since the thread opened.

[IMG] = news
    [IMG] = drool
    [IMG] = dreamy
    [IMG] = fishy
    [IMG] = sigh
    [IMG] = grr
    [IMG] = jim (pick either version a...)
    [IMG] = jim (...or alternate version b)

This is kind of how they should appear in the emoticon box:
    Seven rows of six across. Thanks.

[IMG]

These are the final ones. Book is closed and all feels complete to me.
  18. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Did doing the smileys earn the special priviledge to have an image in your signature? If so, what can the rest of us do to earn the feature again?
  19. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmmm. Didn't know that was an issue. I thought the ability to do it meant we could, however I mostly made the graphic as a thin divider rather than a large spacious banner. (We really need a better way to divide posts!)

It's actually a lot smaller than many of the text-only signatures around here. I think space and flow could have been an issue. The height of this graphic is only a thoughtful 21 pixels. I can always change it back to text if needed.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  20. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Lol, I love the drool one (the dogs name escapes me)

@Dsnowth
    You know, I'm one whos kinda neutral about the signature thing, but I really dont see why there cant be sig images, but there being a strict dimension limit as well as an option to turn sigs off if there isnt one already
    frogboy4 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.