New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

muppet baby

Reaction score
welcome to all the new people the past month or so i have not been at this thread for a while sorry about that .

Glad that you are all here , this is such a fun place to be.
I hope that you all have a great time here i know that i have .:smile:

weredog

Reaction score
Hello, I am Weredog. I've lurked here for years, but I finally decided to bite the bullet and register. Been a lifelong fan of pretty much anything Jim Henson's ever done since I was a baby, including The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth, and the Muppet Movies. Had several of the old Fisher Price toys from the 70s as a kid. Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie and Miss Piggy. Sadly, the one I wanted most, Rowlf, was the one I never got.
My mom tried desperately to find me one, but it was never in stock. As a consequence, she loves to tell the tale about how she had to sing a song she made up about the old Fisher Price Rowlf puppet in order to get me to go to sleep when I was three. See, back then I wanted that Rowlf more than anything else. Never got it though and to this day I've never owned any merchandise or toys featuring Rowlf, although it's not due to a lack of trying. A Rowlf plush is one of my three toy collecting Holy Grails, the other two being a vintage Loyal Heart Dog Care Bear Cousin and a Knickerbocker poseable Snoopy. I collect toy dogs you see, as dogs are another lifelong love of mine, pretty much latching on to anything related to dogs growing up. I live in Greenville, right down the road from the Jim Henson museum in Leland, Mississippi. Surprisingly, I've only been there once as it was closed every other time I tried to go. Fascinating place though, one of the few places in the area worth going to. They sold a six foot plush Kermit at one point. I came face to face with one at the local Welcome center. It's strange seeing a kermit as big as you are.
Well that's about it. I look forward to posting here.

Davidf05

Reaction score
New member here, but longtime visitor of Muppet Central. I'm not really new to Muppet Central, just to this forum. I was encouraged to check out this forum after someone e-mailed me at Retroland wondering if I ever posted anything here and I said "no". I'm glad to be here since I consider myself a huge Muppet Show fan. I hope to post here as often as I can. Thank you for the welcome. :confused: :eek:

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
Hello all!

For the older Muppet Central posters, it is I, TravellingMatt, of the numerous Muppet Show outlines that permeate the fan fiction section. I had some new ideas after a long while and wanted to post them where they'd be appreciated, and reconnect with old friends!

It's good to be back! Although I'm pretty big...squeezing through that Fraggle hole is murder...:smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
welcome weredog and david o5 i hope that you both enjoy it here a great place to be , i hope that you both have sooooooooooooo much fun as i have :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hellooo everybodeeeeee! It's great to meet all of you wonderful new people here! I hope you really enjoy it!

I notice there is a new Alex here! That could get a little confusing! :smile: But some people call me Al.

Skye

Reaction score
Welcome, y'all! I hope you guys enjoy yourselves here in this awesome, crazy place! :big_grin: :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings to all new members.

Weredog, merged your introduction into one post. Hope that's OK.
You should try getting the Barkley SS beany baby.
Also... You don't have either the Tux Rowlf figure released as part of Palisades Toys' Muppets line Series 3 nor the signature (naked) Rowlf figure and Backstage Playset?
And was a Loyal Heart Dog figure ever made? To my knowledge only Penguin, Raccoon, Elephant, Rabbit, Lion, and Lamb were made. Though I would like a figure of Proud Heart Cat as I'm more of a cat purrrrrrson myself.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and hope you have fun exploring the rest of this crazy place.

anytimepally

Reaction score
New member here, but longtime visitor of Muppet Central. I'm not really new to Muppet Central, just to this forum. I was encouraged to check out this forum after someone e-mailed me at Retroland wondering if I ever posted anything here and I said "no". I'm glad to be here since I consider myself a huge Muppet Show fan. I hope to post here as often as I can. Thank you for the welcome. :confused: :eek:
Welcome :big_grin: