1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Wookie Monster

Wookie Monster New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just found it yesterday and have already used a tip I found on here for boiling faux fur and it worked great! As I plan to make more muppets, I figured I'd better join so I can actually ask questions. I've made one muppet and am working on my second. I plan to make a few more over the next year.
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome to Muppet Central Forums! Don't forget to show photos of your puppet.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, Wookie Monster! It's terrific that you are helping to carry on the legacy of puppetry. And like Vincent said, be sure to post any photos of your puppets when they are completed.
  4. lola888

lola888 New Member

Hi everyone,

It's nice to be here amongst my fellow muppet lovers! Part of the reason I have joined is because I have some Muppet Toys/Collectibles I need to sell due to lack of space and would rather they ended up in the hands of someone that will enjoy them properly. I also don't have a clue how much they are worth or any are rare so would like some advice if poss.
    Anyhoo, I look forward to speaking to you all and get in touch if you may be interested in the toys/collectibles.

Lola :halo:
  5. Vincent Liu

6. lola888

lola888 New Member

Really? I get called Lola for short and 888 is because it is my favourite number. What is the other users name?
  7. Vincent Liu

8. LostBoysGirl

LostBoysGirl New Member

Hi! *scratches head* Erm, I don't really know what to say, except I'm new, and I'm wondering about your thoughts on the Fieries. (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a pic[​IMG])
  9. Vincent Liu

Now, what the hey?
    Anyway, welcome to MC forums!
  10. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I don't remember the Labyrinth that well, but I do remember it being a great movie.
    I have it on DVD somewhere, maybe I'll watch it again someday.

Hope you have fun on the Muppet Central forums!
  11. musicteach01

musicteach01 New Member

Mainly I joined this group in an attempt to get the inside scoop on Sid the Science Kid. My daughter who is 2 1/2 LOVES Sid and I am hoping for more episodes soon. Also, we bought the Amazon.com exclusive soundtrack a year or so ago and have been desperately waiting for Volume 2. I see that iTunes has released it but not Amazon. I noticed also that the iTunes release of Volume 1 has an extra song on it (Rug Time). Anyway, my daughter's favorite of all the songs, "Beautiful Trees" is not on either Volume! Is there going to be a Volume 3????
  12. Vincent Liu

Welcome to Muppet Central forums!
  13. Wookie Monster

I'm kind of forum challenged. Now that I've introduced myself, where do I go from here? I'm currently making an Elmo and need some advice on body construction (pattern). I already have the 'skull' and nose built and have boiled some of the fur...I'm having to cut pieces and boil them piece by piece to fit in the pot , and I have a limited amount of fur and can't get more so I don't want to waste it by cutting the body wrong. He will be wearing a removable costume, so I'm looking for advice on muppet clothing as well, a coat in particular. Are there particular forums for those questions? As for pictures, that's me and the Wookie Monster in my profile pic. I've got two weeks to finish this and other projects for DragonCon, so I'm sewing like mad, but after the con is over I hope to spend a lot more time on this site. This site is great! We are planning a group of costumed muppets for next year. My son is about to get his degree in film and plans to do a short for DC*TV next year..."The Muppets Go To DragonCon". So....which way do I go?
  14. Vincent Liu

15. Wookie Monster

Thanks, Vincent Liu!
  16. Josefus

Josefus New Member

hello! i've been lurking for a few months now, but i thought i should introduce myself. I love Jim Henson & comic books. I am currently developing my own puppet television show very much inspired by these things.

my avatar is a picture of my newest puppet, Foxi. he's the star of a music video that I shot in Berlin a couple months back. I will post the video in the news section in just a moment, but here I will post a link to my facebook artist page where you can see behind the scenes stuff, and I hope some of you will come check out my art & puppets. and 'like' the page of course ;)

https://www.facebook.com/joeSEEfuss
    [​IMG]
    Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  17. Vincent Liu

Welcome josefus!
    Josefus likes this.
  18. MagicFractal

MagicFractal Member

1984-5 when I was employed by Lucasfilm Computer Div. (doing games at that time), I made most of the scrolling background graphics for their "Labyrinth" game based on the David Bowie movie. Though not much of a fan of David Bowie or the movie, my lifelong interest in puppets and robotics and admiration for the good that Henson and Muppets have done brought me here as I Googled to learn what's new in the technical dimension of entertainment robotics. Decades ago the best options for affordable prototype controllers was through computer printer parallel/serial ports, and I gained experienced with those for biomedical prototypes, my primary work in the 1990's. These days the potentials are exciting thanks to kits and modules that interface via fast USB. Mostly on a hobby basis I've dabbled in doll house designs, advertising displays, puppet theater design, and exploring ideas for robotics for children.

Please direct me to your best spot for discussing anything resembling these topics.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, everyone who I have not yet welcomed! Hope you all like it here.
  20. LostBoysGirl

LostBoysGirl New Member

Thanks! :)