New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

muppet baby

Reaction score
welcome to all the new members the last seveal days i am so glad that you all have come and i hope that you all have a wonderful time here :smile:

Braddaw

Reaction score
hey every on I am new to the Muppet thing,even though I watched the Muppet Showand Muppets Tonight growing up. I am looking to buy some of the figures and playsets so if you have any for sale please let me know
Thanks

Skye

Reaction score
Welcome, DERogers and plasticboom. I hope you guys have a great time here! :smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been a lurker for a while...but I thought I'd say hello! My name is John and I'm a graphic designer living and working in South Carolina and New York City. My whole life has been surrounded by The Muppets...and it doesn't help that my last name is Henson and my dad and brother are both named Jim! I was obsessed with Miss Piggy as a child...and I can remember calling up the local television station, age 6, in my best Miss Piggy karate chop voice, demanding them tell me why the weekly broadcast of THE MUPPET SHOW was not telecast! I grew up with The Muppets. Sesame Street helped raise me, and I had every Muppet toy imaginable growing up. I also watched Fraggle Rock religiously, as well as the MUPPET BABIES cartoon on saturday mornings. As an adult, my favorite muppets are Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Pepe and Kermit. Good things never die.

The only other member here that I know is Artie Espisito (we went to college together)...so say hello if you've got a moment!

-John
Hi folks, I'm new here, but I've been slowly building my Muppet collection for years. The reason I registered tonight is my wife and I were downstairs opening everything and setting it up. After 4 or 5 years of keeping these in their packages, or neatly packed away in baggies...they're finally going on display!
Hi to all Frogs, Pigs, Bears, Humans and everything else here!

Allow me to intruduce myself: I was born 33 years ago (and still in excellent shape), I'm from Germany, I'm a fan of the Muppets since my childhood. I grew up with Sesame Street of course, I also watched the Fraggles, Dark Crystal and loads of the other stuff. My favourite muppets are Kermit, Fozzy Bear and Gonzo, I also was always an admirer (and I'm still an admirer) of the late Jim Henson.... a genius who died too young... so many years and I still miss him. I'm also a huge fan of the Star Wars Saga, Indiana Jones, LOST, I like horrormovies (Muppets and Horror sounds sort of weird, but I'm a moviefan at all), I like collect autographs and DVDs.... etc.

Best from the Stuffed Frog from Germany.
Good Morning Muppetforums!

I am 32 and a muppetfan.... I have been one for most of my life. I watched (and still watch occanilly (yes I know I can't spell)) Sesame Street. I have seen most of the Muppet Show.
Hello everyone

I'm Mike, aged 40 and have loved the Muppets since Seseme Street came to our screens here in Britain back in the early seventies.

Jim Henson was a genius, an innovator, and a gentleman. His creations are works of genius, Grover, Bert and Ernie, Cookie Monster, and of course all the wonderful Muppet Show characters

(Series 2 of the Muppet Show is released today in the UK, must get my copy) I have series one, and can't stop playing it. The guest list is fantastic.

Anyway, have braved my first post to you all, have a lovely day and will chat about more Muppet Mayhem later.

Take care everyone

Mike
just wanted to say hi!
Hi-Ho!

My name is Erik, and I grew up with the Muppets on both the small and big screens. (Although, I do not know if I've grown up, yet.) I'm glad that both versions are (gradually in the case of the small screen) being made available on video. I find it fascinating what they were able to do in the era before overblown special effects and overboard budgets.
Hey just started (obviously), love the Mayhem and if you love em look me up!
Hi, I'm new to this forum as well as being new to computers. I discovered the Muppets about 1989 when trying to find decent programs for my young daughter and was always delighted with it (so was she) The mix of interest, fun, education, broadening out of the mind and teaching to accept those different to ourselves is excellent. My personal favourites were Bert and Ernie, I so wish I had a dvd of them. My main reason for joining this forum apart from getting up to date with things is to try to find out how to get the Muppets and Sesame St. in other languages. I want German, Spanish and Hindi. Can anyone help me please? Sorry to waffle on and hi to everyone, regards, Glynis
I was watching the new season of the Puppet Show released on DVD and I was excited to watch the section "Who's Jim", I think thats what its called. Well, it appears that none of the Muppets know Jim Henson.

Can someone please explain to me WHY on earth Muppets Central would not take the opportunity to introduce the new Muppet audience to one of the greatest heros of my generation?

An artist, a humanitarian, a comedian, with a gentle soul who wanted to make the world a better place (and did). I cry and smile every time I think of him, but the DVD gave me "duh, I don't know who he was."

Fortunately, Jim's art speaks for itself!
I love you Jim
Hello!
I´m from Sweden and have just discovered this fantastic site! I´m 43 years old and I bought Season 1 for christmas to my son, twelve years old, and he really loved it! And both me and my wife loved it too, we hadn´t seen The Muppet show since we were kids.

I look forward to see season 2, and hope it will come to Sweden soon.

I have started too collect pvc:s and reasentley I bought 5 of the pvc:s from Comics Spain. They are really beatyfull. I also have the Schleich-pvs:s all except Scooter.

I´m sorry for my bad english spelling...
Dear Philip:

I am not new to Muppets but relatively new to the Central.

62 year old Grandmother of 5 with a love of Kermit that knows no end.
I wish Miss Piggy would step aside so I could have a chance.

It isn't easy being green, when green is all you want to be!

Have been a huge fan of Jim Henson's since I was 12 and Wilkins and Wontkins were being the bad boys of TV.

Grew up in Alexandria, Virginia.

I bought my Wilkins and Wontkins from Wilkins Coffee. $1.00 50years ago!

My grandchildren 5-20 have grown up with the Muppets as did my 2 children. If it comes we will go!

Welcome to all after me and thank you for all before me.

gmamaof5
I just want to say hello to everyone out there. I only found out about this site a few weeks ago and I'm so pleased. I was brought up with a love of muppets thanks to my mum. I have most of the videos or DVD's, but didn't realise that you could bet the songs separatly. It's not easy being green is one of my favourites. By the way, I'm from England and have no excuse for my bad spelling.
Take care
Penny
Hey guys.

I am jonnytbird with the sesame street clips from youtube who also got suspended. I'd like toget to know you muppet fans out there. As for youtube well I'm not ready to go back just yet. I just don't want to get suspended again right when Google's gonna take over next month to hunt down copyright infragments. I'll just wait til next month to see what happens. I might possibly go with a name that nobody will expect me to have. If you have a favorite Sesame Street clip from my old youtube that you'd liek to see again, don't hesitate to ask.

It sure is great to be here.
Jonnytbird
My name is Megan, I have been on and off this site for years, but have never posted. I have always loved the Muppets, my baby book states that my favorite show as a baby was Muppet Show. 26 years later, I still love them. I like going onto Youtube and getting the Classic Muppet Clips- Muppets with voices I grew up with. I miss those days!
Hope this is the right way to do this. We, my husband daughter and I, are good friends of Kermit Love. He is our daughter's godfather. He just turned 91 a few weeks ago. Let me see if I can submit this before I write more..
Hi everyone. I'm brand new and I'm an animator in nYC. whoohoo! I'm a fraggle guy, but i especially love Jim's early work for Ed Sullivan and those great commercials of the '60's. ... And I love pretty much every TV special the muppets did in the '80's.
Hey everyone

I've been a fan of Muppets Central for a while but never realised there was a forum!
So I've joined up.

I love the Muppets- they have been a big part of my family.

My fave muppets are Bean Bunny and Robin the Frog

Anyway hey
Hi, everybody!

I've been a reader of MC for a while and I met a lot of you guys at the Huntington event so I decided to register here. So, I guess I'll be around!
Howdy folks. I'm a new member of the forum and am delighted to connect with other muppet lovers.
hi everyone, i've been a member since dec and have not visited this forum yet. i have no good reason why... feel free to message me i'm usally by my computer.
I've been really busy lately and haven't been around as much as usual, but I wanted to catch up on welcoming all the new guys.. so welcome! I hope you all enjoy it here :zany:

Rambling Matt

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just wanted to say that this site and it's forums are terriffic! I feel like I finally found a Muppet community that can connect me with others that share my love of Muppets, Fraggles and the neighbors who live on Seseme Street. I am really into the new DVD releases og Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show by season, and hope someday to see released the official soundtracks to these shows as well as the Muppet movies. Thanks again for such a great forum, and wealth of information. :big_grin:

MelodyM51

Reaction score
Hi Everyone My name is Melody and the young grandmother of 4. Go figure...I only have one son. I have been a muppet fan for a long time and my all time fav is Animal. Recently have been looking to change some items in my pickup to make it more festive for the grandkids. My idea is to make it more wild and crazy is to add Animal. Does anyone happen to know where I could find Truck mats with Animal on them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thought this may be a place to start. Thanks to all. Will be looking forward to any news. Later

melannie

Reaction score
g'day!

greetings and salutations all,
my name is melannie. im an aspiring stage performer from nova scotia, now living in ottawa. i am completely enamoured with jim henson and every part of the world he created. what a guy! i think a good influence upon my love affair with the muppets dates back to early encounters with my cousin terry angus. (again, what a guy!:excited: ) i recall meeting both he and some of his puppet friends when i was quite young and always loved fraggle rock. now that im a few years older, my love for the muppets and friends has only grown, as well as my respect for childrens entertainment.

im quite curious if anyone has any information on location some of hensons early work. for ages, ive been trying to locate any sort of copy of limbo: the organized mind, and timepiece as well. unfortunately my computer is a dinosaur, so youtube is not an option for me. if anyone can point me in the right direction, or furthermore has any information of other shorts or experimental work, id love to hear from you.
cheers!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just wanted to say that this site and it's forums are terriffic! I feel like I finally found a Muppet community that can connect me with others that share my love of Muppets, Fraggles and the neighbors who live on Seseme Street. I am really into the new DVD releases og Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show by season, and hope someday to see released the official soundtracks to these shows as well as the Muppet movies. Thanks again for such a great forum, and wealth of information.
Hi Everyone My name is Melody and the young grandmother of 4. Go figure...I only have one son. I have been a muppet fan for a long time and my all time fav is Animal. Recently have been looking to change some items in my pickup to make it more festive for the grandkids. My idea is to make it more wild and crazy is to add Animal. Does anyone happen to know where I could find Truck mats with Animal on them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thought this may be a place to start. Thanks to all. Will be looking forward to any news. Later
greetings and salutations all,
my name is melannie. im an aspiring stage performer from nova scotia, now living in ottawa. i am completely enamoured with jim henson and every part of the world he created. what a guy! i think a good influence upon my love affair with the muppets dates back to early encounters with my cousin terry angus. (again, what a guy!) i recall meeting both he and some of his puppet friends when i was quite young and always loved fraggle rock. now that im a few years older, my love for the muppets and friends has only grown, as well as my respect for childrens entertainment.

im quite curious if anyone has any information on location some of hensons early work. for ages, ive been trying to locate any sort of copy of limbo: the organized mind, and timepiece as well. unfortunately my computer is a dinosaur, so youtube is not an option for me. if anyone can point me in the right direction, or furthermore has any information of other shorts or experimental work, id love to hear from you.
cheers!
Welcome! :big_grin:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hi Melody! It's nice to meet you! As to the Animal floor mats, unfortunately I can't help you much. I would love a pair myself! But I'll keep my eyes peeled!

nygirl13662

Reaction score
New to this site

Hi everyone, My name is Krista and i just found this site. I am actually just getting started in my love of puppets and starting to make a few of my own as i learn. I have always loved the Muppets but of course who doesnt lol.
Anyway i hope to get to know other puppet lovers and mabey able to share a few tips and tricks along the way. Im usually on puppets and stuff site and everyone is so very friendly and helpfull i thought i would check this out also.
Krista