New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Welcome, newcomers! It's wonderful to have you here! I shake you warmly by the hand. Um..... Enjoy your stay and we hope to hear from you again! *tosses some penguins, then confusedly hurries away*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My name is Kelly. The Muppets have been an important part of my life for as long as I've been verbal, I think. :stick_out_tongue:

I have been totally obsessing over Fraggle Rock ever since the DVDs came out in box sets (all I remember is watching the show whenever my family went out of town cause we didn't have HBO). My goal is to perfect my Red and Mokey voices and create my own "episodes". I think, with lots of practice, I could do Kermit and Piggy. Jr Gorg's accent is a lot easier to imitate, but I don't know if I can deepen my female voice enough. :wink:

I would love to see Skeeter make a comeback.

I stopped watching Sesame Street, not so much when some Red Kid took over (although that helped), but when I realized I had watched the eps where some characters were born/adopted and I think they're in high school/college now. I'm only 30 but it makes me feel old to see Maria with gray wisps in her hair. :cry:

If ever offered the chance to go to the Workshop (SS or Creature), much less get hired there, I would chop off my arms and legs, sell my family, walk from TX to NY, starve myself getting there ... heck, I wouldn't even have to get paid. I'd die of a heart attack just getting to the front door! LOL.

Although I like playing around voicing Red and Mokey, I'd be far more interested in writing or other media-related things like editing and such. I would die happy. LOL.

And that's me... :batty:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm Colbyn'friends. i am so glad to join ths fourm, i've been trying to join fo a long (and i mean long) time. I like the muppets because they make me happy, and there funny. my favorite muppets are :big_grin: and the Electric Mayhem (even Lips, he's my favorite out of all of them, then floyd). my favorite muppet movie has to be The Great Muppet Caper. My other favrorite muppets are Scooter, Wembly Fraggle, Clifford, and Digit.

even though this is my second post (i posted in the muppet geography thred), i'm counting this as my first thread. I am glad to be apart of this great fourm.

Colbyn'friends

Pork

Reaction score
Hi Kelly, really nice to meet you.

Greetings Colbyn'friends, nice to meet you as well.

Welcome to Muppet Central!

Angie72

Reaction score
New to the board

Hi everyone! My name is Angie, I'm 34, and a huge muppet fan. It started with SS in the early 70's, and has kept with me through time. I loved the Muppet show, the movies, Fraggles, Muppets Tonight, and the newer movies, Treasure Island, Christmas Carol, and From Space!

It's so bad, that I've got my kids loving them, too!

So glad I found the board!

emilig

Reaction score
Hi, this site is soooo cool! I love the muppets and have been a fan since I was in pre-school! Kermit is my all time favorite, I love frogs and I have a few myself. I started off with Frog, then Herbert, Frogett, Lilly, Norbert, Lyla,and Kevin! All of these are stuffed but Kevin croaks and Norbert is a hand puppet who sings three songs and I interact with him, (we entertain). I am also a hugh fan of Elmo, my neice loves him and Bear in the Big Blue House! I am so glad to be here and look foward to getting to know you all!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Welcome to all the new members!
Stacy, you may not be studying music, but your conscintration definately has that global feel that Sesame Street is going for!
Kelly, I've told you this before, but I absolutely adore your Red voice! Can't wait to see what else you're working on! The next time the call goes out, maybe you could lend your voicing talents to Steve's Muppetcast in some way.

You all seem like such fun, enthusiastic people, and I hope you feel at home enough to stick around for a long time!

Kate