New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Joseph the new member

Hi Joseph and welcome to the forum. I have a question for you. Since you work for The Muppet HOLDING Company, do you really get to HOLD the Muppets ?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Muppets Holding said:
Hi,
I'm Joseph. I work for the Muppets Holding Company. Muppet Central is the #1 Muppet Site. So I decided to join you guys. You have a very nice Forum Phillip Chapman.
*Hugs Joseph*

Sorry, I tend to do that. :embarrassed: But, you WORK for the MUPPETS. Plus, you called Muppet Central the #1 Muppet site. That makes you remarkably cool in my book. (OK, so it's a pathetic little book I have, but nonetheless....)

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Hi-Ho!

WARNING: Long-winded Muppet Freak Introduction!

My name is Heather, 35, a proud Navy wife and mother of one son, a 10-year-old cat named Davey Jones, and two daughters - Kate, who just turned 4 and Kennedy, who is almost 2. Both girls ADORE the Muppets, but it looks like Kennedy (nick-named Keeks) will be as freaked about them as her mom. She, of course, can't talk yet - and can rarely get a word in edgewise with her chatterbox big sister - but has named her favourite thing in the world "Meat". Yep, that's Keek-Speak for Kermit-the-Frog! :smile:

And, what started ME on the Road To Kermit? I've always wanted to share this story with someone who would understand, and I think I may have found that forum HERE.

:embarrassed: Bear with me. . . I have a baby sister, Kate, who is 13 months younger than me. We spent our early childhood in Bellevue, Washington. Unfortunately, our parents split when we were little, but both our mom and our dad never spoke ill of the other (and my mom had PLENTY of opportunities since she raised us alone while my dad married his mistress!). My mom is an incredible person and my dad was my hero. He still is, in my heart, but we lost him to some MAJOR lung cancer buddies this past May. Whoops - off the subject!

So, if you can believe this, my sister and I both grew up relatively normal. We both loved the Muppets, but I went past the Love Stage and into the Freak Stage, while my sister stayed sane. When we were older, my mom told us about the divorce, Dad's mistress, and all that crud, but she also told us about their last fight. She said that they knew it was over, but they both didn't want us to have to listen to them arguing and ripping apart their family. Are you ready for this? THEY STAGED THEIR LAST FIGHT WHILE THE MUPPETS WERE ON TV! Mom said she wanted to be sure that we would pay attention to the show and not the fight.

Okay, so writing it down and seeing it spelled out just doesn't do it justice, but it meant a lot to me. I've always wished I could send the Henson's a thank you card for helping us through what should have been the worst night in our young lives, but that sounds so LAME. And, maybe it sounds lame to the rest of the Muppet Central folks, but that's my story. . . And my husband and I thoroughly enjoy sharing the Muppets - from today and long ago - with our girls.

Thanks for letting me ramble!
Heather

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Welcome to MC Heather.Nice to know your kids are another Muppet generation in progress.I'm JaniceFerSure aka Diana aka Dee(I answer to all).I've been a Muppet fan since the early 70s SS days. I've seen basically every major muppet medium to date,with a few exceptions. Hope you enjoy your stay here.Nice quote,was one of my first that I chose too. :excited:

ASailorsGal

Reaction score

Thanks, Diana. . . I was a bit scared to tack it on. Sounds a bit conceited, but I SWEAR it's not about me! :big_grin:

Froggiez

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here, which is kinda obvious since i'm replying to this post. Anyways i just wanted to say hi to everyone here!

:embarrassed: Froggiez

SaDiablo

Reaction score
Erm. Hi.

Ohkay. SO, I'm a 26 yo fem, and have memories of watching Muppets from my earliest days. Big fan of TMS, and have a fondness for old-school Seseme Street. Although I never got to see Fraggle Rock as a kid (no cable), I was a member of the book club, and enjoyed them as a teen and later on re-runs. Haven't seen most of the movies (a faux pas, I know). And also a fan of Farscape. I think that about covers it.

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Hi, all. My name is Andrew Smith and I come from Newcastle, England. I've been a lurker here for some time but decided to finally come forward and introduce myself.

As well as The Muppet's I am also a big Laurel :eek: and Hardy :confused: plus Dr Who fan.

Hope I can get to know al of you soon!