1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

New Members Unable to Join?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gavry3, Jun 3, 2017.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

On the Muppet Central Discord, quite a few new people have said they have had difficulty joining. One got this message on the new member thread:
    [​IMG]
    It even did NOT say they were the latest member joining.

Why does this happen?

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  2. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I don't know why that happens either, but it happened to me, too. When I first joined, it took a while for my account to finally be confirmed. I joined on April 24th 2017, and I wasn't able to post until almost a month later.

3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

It's entirely possible that the system takes a while to recognize a legitimate forum member from the various litany of spammers. Heck, there are some spambots that end up in the Members Online section that I have to report to get them banned. Not sure if that's clogging up the process, you'd have to ask the forum's administrator for further info regarding this issue. :wisdom:

4. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I hate spammers, they are so annoying. What's the whole point of spam, anyway? It sure doesn't make people wanna buy a product, it makes them wanna avoid it.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

There are still spammers that join here?

6. The Count

Yeah, spambots keep registering, which is why the system takes a bit so long to recognize new members as I mentioned above.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

Has anything been done about it though? Because I don't see the spammers anymore.

gavry3 likes this.
  8. The Count

Well, at least the forum's system is now blocking spambots from registering, at least partially. They can still register an account, since I keep getting all new member registrations be they legit or spam, but some still get processed through which I end up going to their profile pages and reporting them as such. No clue if that's actually working and the ones I report are effectively banned. At least it's an immense improvement from a few years back when we would get avalanches of spambots registering multiple accounts in one single day.

9. MikaelaMuppet

Well that's great.

10. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It's been a few months since one of my MC Discord friends has been waiting, so is it possible for the bot to do its job a bit quicker?

1000 Eyes likes this.
  11. The Count

Sorry, but again, it's a process that takes as long as it does without any outside control. Maybe you'd have better luck contacting the forum administrator directly.