1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Miss Piggy Dolls and Fashions by Robert Tonner

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetguy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Hey everyone. I wanted to make aware that renouned doll maker, Robert Tonner, has a collection of Miss Piggy dolls for his 2009 doll releases. If you wqant to check the pictures out, go to:

www.roberttonner.com

Then to the 2009 Collection. Scoll down and you will find MISS PIGGY in caps letters. She looks great and perfect. Can't wait till this are for sale.

More Piggy Stuff....this is a really great thing. YAY!
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Great sculpt!

I find this sort of collectible confusing due to the whole wig/accessory/costume separation. It appears that the pig herself is available in a two-piece swimsuit, shoes and "wheat-color" (ash blonde) wig for $99 and then clothes could be purchased separately if needed.

This is not particularly my type of item; even so I’d only get it if there were a classic purple Miss Piggy and/or a good recreation of an actual Muppet moment. Still, My Fair Piggy looks really nice. They’ve tone a good job with her and this is the type of Piggy product that sells. Disney knows what they’re doing here with this license. It’s great to see some high quality stuff. The Muppets and the Pig deserve it.
  4. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

There's an interesting disclaimer at the bottom of the page. I wish Master Replicas had used the same kind of language.

:p
  5. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Yes, I absolutely love the sculpt. And I agree with Jaime, Disney DOES know what they are doing, I hope other companies can see this as well. Yay for Piggy and the muppets!
  6. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

These looks awesome! Very cute, and I dig the fashion. I want one!
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*steals My Fair Piggys' hat*
    I've always depended on the kindness of strangers...
    *stands on front of ship dramatically hoping for no ice in the water*

Hmm...I could never afford to collect those type of dolls, but they are nice :). I wonder what Kermit would look like in that style :)
  8. Chad Kermit

Chad Kermit New Member

I agree that this is an exciting product and nice to see high end items of Piggy coming out again. I do hope that the economy will allow good sales. I sent the company a comment through their site. I asked that they consider making wardrobe that pays tribute to some of her signature moments in film and tv. Great Muppet Caper is a good source. I would love to see the swimming suit and other outfits from that film. Perhaps, the doll not pictured features the very suit. My Fair Pig is my favorite too and reminds me of the Enesco series featuring her as historical women like Cleopigtra.

Perhaps they will consider doing a drawing through Muppet Central to promote their product. They did so with some dolls through other fan based site. This company tries very had to give collectors what they want and are often at the conventions and shows. :)
  9. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Very True, Chad Kermit. Robert Tonner (a representative for his company, not Robert himself) will be at the NYC Comic Con and I am hoping he will show off Piggy there, since I'll be going this year. I know his main focus at comic cons are his DC line and Harry Potter, but I cross my fingers to see Piggy Too. :mad:
  10. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i really would love the classic purple miss piggy to i hope that they come out with that one to .

i mean robert tonner . i really like this sulp to but i do not like that you have to purches seperate costums either . sigh
  11. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I can understand what you mean about the fashions, but thats the way Tonner does all of his collections, not just piggy. It's a tonner thing.
  12. Piggyfan

Piggyfan New Member

I love this idea Piggy looks adorable id als like to se her retro outfits and the pigs in space outfit as well.
    i am going to preorder mine asap
  13. ryan19

ryan19 Member

hi all,
    can anyone tell me how i can get my hands on this misspiggy doll? i am from Brunei and would like to have any sort of information available on her.
    many thanks.
    Regards,Ryan
  14. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Hey, ryan19. If you go to robert tonners acctual doll site : www.roberttonner.com, on the left top side you will see options. There should be one that says "Where to buy". If you click on that, a list pops up with store all around the US and even outside. You can also e-mail the tonner doll company if you have any questions about shipping to you. The other site for him is www.tonnerdirect.com. I don't believe Piggy is listed on that one yet. I hope this helps.

Can't wait to get my Piggy!
  15. doug_buchanan

doug_buchanan New Member

My wife and I saw these 'in person' this weekend at the IDEX (International Doll Expo) Show in Orlando. They really do look great!
  16. ryan19

ryan19 Member

oh,many thanks muppetguy :)
    i shall give it a shot & fingers crossed somethings works out...i would love to have her gazing at me with her big blue eyes. hehehe.
    thanks alot once again.
    take care.
    regards,ryan
  17. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

No Problem, ryan19. I hope it works out for you.

Hey doug_buchanan, did they happen to have the miss piggy in the swimsuit. I haven't seena picture available for that one.

I'm just excited that Muppets are making a comeback with more higher end retail items than the normal plush. YAY!:o
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wait a minute... The Company is behind this? I wouldn't buy these things... they might use the money they get to fund their insidious plans.... (a little something for Heroes fans)

DOLL CANNOT STAND ALONE! DOLL CANNOT HOLD BALLOONS AS SHOWN! :zany:
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Here's my quick and crude comp of a Miss Piggy representation fans would likely prefer. I'm all for funky Piggys as long as we get the classic one too. Right now is the time for the Muppets to get back to their roots.
  20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Very nice mock-up from The Muppet Show era Jamie. Something exactly from The Great Muppet Caper would be the ultimate as that's when Piggy looked the best.

I really like the Franklin Mint Miss Piggy that came out in 2000 though. It will be interesting to see if the final product of any of these can outdue that.