1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Monster On Ebay - No Name For Him!?

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by Keeermit, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Keeermit Active Member

howdy all.... once again I have a puppet on ebay.. I have tried using exposed foam for his beak.. let me know what you think of him.. Also if you can think of a name for him.. im stumped for a name .... Thanks for checking him out and any comments you may have.. I have given him longer arms as suggested by someone on here a few puppets back. check him out at http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Puppet-...ryZ11741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and have a great day.... also im trying to get through all the emails i get from people regarding puppet making questions.... please be patient, im trying my best to get through them.. cheers

Jarrod :)
  2. Lab Rat Member

Hi Jarrod,
    Another great puppet and your Kermit looks fantastic too good luck with the auction.
    Speak to you soon.
    Phil.
  3. Blink Member

Really Nice Jarrod!

I am a big fan of your work. It is great to see you trying new things. I just did my first exposed foam puppet as well. Your design senibility is what I like so much.

In my experience, I have met many really good builders. However there are a few things that can set them a part from each other. One of these things is what I call "design sense". The choice of the right colours, fabric and eyes can actually make or break a good puppet. No matter how well it is built.

Your colour combinations are really well designed and matched. The touch of purple/blue skin shading and bloches on his muzzle is a super detail. Did you airbrush it, use fabric marker or something else?

Did you use sheet foam? If you didn't then you must have taken a good amount of time to sand and smooth out the foam.

Like I said, "NICE work!"
  4. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I love your original puppets!!!

I immediately heard a name in my head when I looked at the pictures...

Milton Monster!!

Whaddya think?

Best of luck on another great auction, I wish I had the funds to bid!

:)
    Anthony
  5. Being on the Gold Coast too, I was just wondering if you get your Antron Fleece from Spotlight or some other place?
    And if they call it Antron fleece.

oh and great puppet as always.
    Cheers man.
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

How about "Norb" for his name?
  7. zns Active Member

That's really good man. I would really like to learn how to do those kind of puppets. Could you teach me how?
  8. Blink Member

It is a good name.

But he already made a "Norb" (the Numbat is 4th from the bottom). He might not want another one.
  9. propologist Member

Hi Keeermit,

Great puppet! I like the use the uncovered foam, I also like the added texture to the foam.
    He looks a little confuse how about Woble or Cerano.

Propologist
    Mike
  10. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's what I heard it. Oh well. I guess you better go with Milton then.
  11. Tztz Member

a beautiful puppet and design ;)
  12. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Hi Jarrod,
    How about Dragster or Puffy?:)
  13. Keeermit Active Member

hey all thanks for your input as always. So far i think milton or cerano.... not sure with it yet though :) hey blink I used sheet foam and dyed it blue then applied purple dye with a brush for the detail. I order all my Antron in from Kathy at GA Stage PracticeCactus. Its actually nice working with exposed foam - adds another texture, i like it alot actually, i think i will experiment with it a bit more. cheers all and keep the ideas flowing!
  14. bezalel New Member

Great puppet!
  15. Show and Tell Member

That is a great puppet! I have Bob Monster you sold to me on E-Bay which was a great deal.(maybe too good) I just had to bid on this one.
  16. froggiegirl18 New Member

Lenny? umm Lucky..hmm milton is a good name too. Great looking puppet!
  17. Was Once Ernie New Member

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but there was a Milton the Monster cartoon show in the 60's.

Of course, maybe it's time for another one. After all, there are a few people in the world who have the same names.

:p
  18. TopperFraggle Member

Finster? Wilby? Shackles? Lyndon? Fredrickson? Milroy?

Name or not, this is another beautiful design. There's no other way to say it Jarrod, you really know what you're doing. Great job!
  19. Keeermit Active Member

hmmm so many choices for names..... but yeah i think its time for a new Milton Monster... out with the old in with the new.... i guess :)