new movies coming out

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
whee who wants to ride Lion King 32542532653254325432.6543254254325325254??????

Simba's Dead and this is his great great great great great grandsone twice removed!

hehe

Sarah

Bulldawg

Reaction score
dude, where are you getting your info about a 3rd Santa Clause movie?

as for Batman.

Nolan is working on a Batman script with Frank Miller(renowned comic book artist/writer) that does center around the Scarecrow figure and has rumored to being called "the Frightening"

but Batman: Year One is a different project all together.
Frank Miller is working with Darren A.(cant recall the spelling of the last name but its the director of Pi & Requiem For A Dream) on a script for Year One because its based on the comic tale that Miller did for Batman #404-407

but neither script has been finalized and it has to be approved by WBStudios before any casting or anything else is done for either project.

there is even talk of a Batman Beyond script in the works

here is my source:

Greg's Upcoming Previews at: http://movies.yahoo.com/upcoming/

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah there is the Christopher Nolan(Memento, Insomnia) Batman, Darren Arronofsky/Frank Miller Batman, Batman Beyond film project, Jack Nicholson film idea, Catwoman(which actually might be filmed pretty soon), etc. No telling 'which' Batman film will be made...but Im pretty sure WB wants to have it out by 2005...a good decade since the last somewhat watchable Batman flick.

The Catwoman film just seems odd, as how could ya have a Catwoman film with no Batman?

Sadly, the biggest of all the bad boys, Superman vs. Batman was so close to being green lit...but then the director passed on it for another film. Currently Red Dragon/Rush Hour's director Bret Ratner is tapped for Superman.

...but Marvel has got DC beat so far, with a continuous string of huge box office comic iflms with no end in sight. Now if only comic book sales themselves werent still so bad.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
the goofy thing about the Superman project is that...well its been in the works since about 1999..

and now...there are even rumored reports that the current script has Lex Luthor portrayed as a native of the planet Krypton and that a majority of the movie takes place there.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
but Im pretty sure WB wants to have it out by 1995...
1995 huh?

now THAT i WOULD like to see happen... :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

ahaha

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bulldawg
1995 huh?

now THAT i WOULD like to see happen... :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

ahaha
Ack, I meant 1989...man I need some sleep...now wait, 2005! Yeah, thats it. Wow, that entropy is already taking shape!

Btw, the Superman film thing was from 1997...when it was spose to be Nic Cage as Supes, Kevin Smith as scribe, and Burton as director.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bulldawg
dude, where are you getting your info about a 3rd Santa Clause movie?

go to www.movies.com

that's where i saw the info...i doubt these people would put this on their website if it weren't true in some way...

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Sadly, the biggest of all the bad boys, Superman vs. Batman was so close to being green lit...but then the director passed on it for another film. Currently Red Dragon/Rush Hour's director Bret Ratner is tapped for Superman.

ya i heard that too. but i heard somwhere that ratner is busy doing some other films like rush hour 3, which will come out in 2004...so i don't know. if the movie does come out, it won't be til somwhere in 2005

as for the batman movies...yes they are going to have a catwoman movie with ashley judd as the catwoman instead of michelle pfeiffer..guess she didn't want to do it..

as for a batman beyond movie..doubt that'll come..there's been the batman beyond return of the joker, which i have, and it's a good movie...but warner will not make a batman beyond movie to go to the theater. for dvd yes, but not for the theater

batman year one has been trying to get greenlighted for a few years now, and it's dead...i personally don't know how the beginnings of how batman battles bad guys would be any good...i don't want to see a prequel to the first batman movie...dumb idea in my opinion and warner brothers would lose money....

ya, i also heard that marilyn manson might be in the new batman movie....but that probably won't happen...i hope it doesn't happen!

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
as for the revival of the batman movies as well as superman, i think this linked to how good the marvel comic movies are doing so well. x-men, spiderman have done great at the box office, and now daredevil. so i think warner brothers, who owns the rights to batman, and whoever owns the rights to superman is trying to get in the game while it's hot. plus there's also the hulk movie, and the 2nd x-men movie coming out, and the spiderman sequel coming out in 2004 i think. i also heard they might make a fantastic 4 movie.......i think it would be great to see a new batman movie, but they need to do this movie wisely by getting some one to play batman who will be great because i doubt micheal keaton is going to do this, and get a good story that isn't dumb or silly....same thing applies for the superman movie

ryan

Bulldawg

Reaction score
all that site says is that:

The Santa Clause 3:
This sequel to the $150 million holiday hit The Santa Clause 2 will star Tim Allen, once again, as a normal guy filling in for the jolly gift-giver during the holidays.

thing is.. it only made $139 million. SC1 did $144mil.
and in SC2 he wasnt a normal guy anymore...he had fully accepted the role of SANTA.

i like this technical detail:

Media Type
Color

but the main issue is...no director and no screenwriter attached to the project.

is this just something Disney is TRYING to do? cause to be honest.. SC2 was initially set to be out in Dec 2001. but it was such a bad movie that it was completly reshot.

ok well i could see a direct to video sequel(disney seems to be good at that currently) or a ABC movie of the week thing happening but with as BAD as a movie as Santa Clause 2 was... i dont see much hope for a 3rd one actually getting made.