New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

gfarkwort

Reaction score

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I didn't know so much went into putting together one character. But it is interesting though.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Yea...Sesame Street's Characters colors and shape are all researched to create the most appealing character for kids.

BEAR

Reaction score
looks like Zoe has to move over as the partner to Elmo. Also, even though I really like the Abby character so far, don't they have a proudly feminine character in Prairie Dawn?

gfarkwort

Reaction score
But she's not Cool and Magical....and not as Fun as someone New...

D

Dil

Abby is a rare SS Muppet 'Person' with color around the pupil.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
gfarkwort said:
But she's not Cool and Magical....and not as Fun as someone New...
Was that sarcasm, haha! The things they do to hold kids attention spans these days. But I like her though, she is awfully cute.

It's like a bitter sweet victory, something that is a good idea, yet is so ready marketable to rival that of Elmo.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
BEAR said:
looks like Zoe has to move over as the partner to Elmo. Also, even though I really like the Abby character so far, don't they have a proudly feminine character in Prairie Dawn?
My mother and I thought the same thing about Prairie. It's like buying new furniture when you already have some.

I read about the Abby character in the New York Times the other day. I don't know, I'm not crazy about yet another princess-y female figure on television. It might just perpetuate the idea that girls who aren't into dresses and makeup are weird.

Plus, all the newer Sesame Street characters have the same descriptions, they're young and sweet, eager to learn, and sometimes get carried away. It's the same thing over and over. I think this was mentioned on the forum before, the older characters had more variety.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Was that sarcasm, haha! The things they do to hold kids attention spans these days. But I like her though, she is awfully cute.
It wasn't really sarcasm...but you can take it that way :wink: But maybe there should be a Grouch girl who's not eager to learn...and likes to play football with the guys.....or likes hopping on Pogo Sticks....