New Muppet Beanies In The UK

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Virgin Megastores in the UK are now carrying some new Muppet plush beany things of the classic Muppets. They have Piggy, Gonzo, Kermit and Animal and they look quite good. Gonzo is in a hawian type shirt, and the others are fairly good likenesses. They are officially licensed and made by a company called 'catico' or it might have been 'catrico' who are German. They have a website - the URL of which i am trying to remember. Anyway they cost £6.99 and are kept in a display box near the store counters.

The display box actually had Fozzie, Statlet and Waldorf on it as well, but no sign of those characters in the box.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

These sound cool !

But i think they are the IGEL Beanies, When i was in France they had the IGEL Beanies with TOMY Tags on them.

What color dress is Piggy wearing ?

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Warrick,

Out of memory i think she might have had a pink dress. The tags were 'The Kermit Collection' but had no mention of Igel or Tomy, it was this other wierd German company. Maybe they WERE Igels rebadged, i'm not that familiar. Come to think of it though - that Animal did look very familiar. Gonzo was wearing his yellow hawian style patterned shirt. Are the Igel ones pictured online ?

Rugbylass

Reaction score
I nearly had a heart attack in Virgin in Oxford on Saturday- not only do they have the little beanies that Luke mentioned but bigger ones too! The large ones are Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Gonzo and Fozzie- Kermit is 14.99 and the others are 16.99 (which is quite expensive really). I got a large Kermit as they are a really nice likeness and he now perches beautifully on the end of my shelf! Also they've got three different posters- the Rowlf "Dogfather" one plus two Piggy ones (an Audrey Hepburn and another one that slips my mind). As well as all of that there are four different mug designs too (Kermit, Animal, Piggy erm, don't remember the last one) - they're 4.99 I think which is reasonable.

Merchandise overload!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Juuuuust great!!!! And here I am, in America, where the only Muppet Plushes are locked up behind glss in those good for nothin' crane machines!!!

mattyboy

Reaction score
The other poster is piggy in Plump Fiction. The posters are 4 pound but of good quality. Don't worry, I had a heart attack too. thank God for Christmas, my dad said he is thinking of buying me the whole collection, but unfortunately that's all I will get. {It's worth it though!!!} :big_grin:

Rugbylass

Reaction score
Originally posted by mattyboy
The other poster is piggy in Plump Fiction.
That's the one! I'd been trying to work out what the other poster was all day.. ta for putting me out of my misery :smile:

I hope they bring out little (or large) beanies of all of the other characters that were on the boxes- Pepe was there! Perhaps they're just starting with the really popular characters and with any luck they'll work their way through... *crosses fingers*

mattyboy

Reaction score
So do I, particularly Statler, Waldorf, Beaker and Swedish Chef. Anyway gald to of helped.:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Rugbylass/Jamie

Can you post the web address from the tag ?

Rugbylass

Reaction score
Arrghh, the last thing I did before I walked out the door back to the office after my lunchbreak was to look at Kermit's tag- and now I can't remember what it said! It was a German Company- something like Catrick or Catrik? It was a german URL too.

Ooh, hang on, thanks to the power of Google I've found it! http://www.catric24.de/
Clicking on the little "Kermit Collection" icon (just under the Swedish Chef!) takes you to the page with the rest of the Muppet stuff on. Wonder whether they ship to the UK...