1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet Exhibit in Washington

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Buck-Beaver, May 16, 2006.

1. Buck-Beaver Active Member

2. muppetperson Well-Known Member

It's great that the very first Kermit made from Jim's mom's coat still exists.
  3. zns Active Member

How long is the exhibit supposed to last? I'm going to be going to Washington this summer with my family and I hope to see it.
  4. Camellia New Member

super! thanks for posting it. will it be traveling?
  5. unclematt Active Member

I dont think Smithsonian exhibits travel.
  6. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Man--I wish Memphis was as cool as some other cities!
  7. aaronmojo Member

Wow! I'm going up there in a couple months! ZNS, it looks like most of their exhibits stay up for about a year so you should have plenty of time, I would think.
  8. Wow, what luck! I'm headed to DC tomorrow on a business trip! I was already planning on going to the Smithsonian to see the Muppets they usually have there. And I'm also hoping to head up to the University of Maryland to see the Jim Henson statue.

In addition to the Sam & Friends puppets they will have some Emmet Otter characters and the Jim Henson puppet! Here's the Smithsonian link:

http://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibition.cfm?key=38&exkey=797

-Murray
  9. zns Active Member

Thanks aaronmojo. I just checked out the website and it says that it runs from May 19 - September 4, so I should have plenty of time to see it. If I get there, I'll definitely be taking my camera and possibly my video camera. :halo: God bless the people at Henson. :)
  10. JoeyMuppet New Member

Those were really neat pics.
  11. Buck-Beaver Active Member

The exhibit is scheduled to run until September 4th this year so if you want to see if, be sure to check it out over the summer.
  12. unclematt Active Member

I wish I had money to go to Washington.
  13. Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, there's Grace Land, whats Cooler then that?
  14. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Neat! I'm going to do my best to go to this. I wanted to go out to the East Coast at some point this summer anyway to see friends and family--what could be better than adding some of my Muppet friends to the visit list as well?
  15. MeepBorkMeep New Member

I just got back from it. That thing is fricking awesome. Small, though, they put it all in this little alcove, and there were like thirty people all crammed in there. But it was sooo worth it. I'll put some pictures up when they get developed if ya guys want.
  16. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

May 19, 2006–September 4, 2006, first floor west at the Lemelson Center and third floor west
  17. zns Active Member

Just one question. Are :p , :( , and :grouchy: still at the museum?
  18. MeepBorkMeep New Member

Nope. But they do have the actual Sesame Street sign on the other side of the room across from the Muppet alcove.
  19. JoeyMuppet New Member

But Oscar was still there when I went there.That was around April or early May of 2002.
  20. Muppet Pro New Member

WOW! Now those are some sweet photos. Some I've never seen until now. AWESOME! :)