New Muppet Merch @ Target Stores

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was in Target last night and saw that they had an endcap that featured a shelf of new Muppet products by their Christmas displays. They had:
* A kermit the Frog alarm clock - Blue and green and triangular shaped with a photo of a poser Kermit on the face, very "new vintage" in appearance, but it looked cheapley made, and at $6.99 it might be, but it was still cute.
* A Ms. Piggy photo frame - that had a full body sculpt of Ms. Piggy standing in front of the frame dressed like her Palisades series 1 figure. It was pink and purple and clearly for girls. The cool thing was the picture in the frame of Kermit and Piggy. It was one of the old posers we've all seen before, but I'm pretty sure there was no printing on it, so if you didn't replace that photo, it didn't necessarily look like you had to.
* Kermit the Frog snow globe - Not much more to it then that, just Kermit sitting and waving with white and sparkley blue snow.
* Kermit the Frog bank - Just a big green Kermit head, slightly odd looking plastic bank.

It was nice to see they had new stuff and also their own shelf on an endcap, but overall I give them a 7 out of ten because the quality didn't look stellar.

Carlton Cards - About a month ago, Carlton cards had all new Muppet cards, both TMS and SS Muppets for birthday, Thank You and Get Well occassions and they were gorgeous, really well done. Unfortunately if they are still available, you'll have to do some searching as the holiday displays have taken the main displays over.

I looked on both Target.com and Carlton Cards online and found that none of these were available there, so if you want 'em, you gotta' make the drive. I found the cards in the Target Greatlands in Neptune, NJ and Target in Middletown, NJ and the new merchandise at the Target Greatlands in Clifton, NJ.

Ironically, not one of those three are carrying the new "Red and Green" Christmas album yet.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I was in Target last night and saw that they had an endcap that featured a shelf of new Muppet products by their Christmas displays. They had:
* A kermit the Frog alarm clock - Blue and green and triangular shaped with a photo of a poser Kermit on the face, very "new vintage" in appearance, but it looked cheapley made, and at $6.99 it might be, but it was still cute.
* A Ms. Piggy photo frame - that had a full body sculpt of Ms. Piggy standing in front of the frame dressed like her Palisades series 1 figure. It was pink and purple and clearly for girls. The cool thing was the picture in the frame of Kermit and Piggy. It was one of the old posers we've all seen before, but I'm pretty sure there was no printing on it, so if you didn't replace that photo, it didn't necessarily look like you had to.
* Kermit the Frog snow globe - Not much more to it then that, just Kermit sitting and waving with white and sparkley blue snow.
* Kermit the Frog bank - Just a big green Kermit head, slightly odd looking plastic bank.

It was nice to see they had new stuff and also their own shelf on an endcap, but overall I give them a 7 out of ten because the quality didn't look stellar.

Carlton Cards - About a month ago, Carlton cards had all new Muppet cards, both TMS and SS Muppets for birthday, Thank You and Get Well occassions and they were gorgeous, really well done. Unfortunately if they are still available, you'll have to do some searching as the holiday displays have taken the main displays over.

I looked on both Target.com and Carlton Cards online and found that none of these were available there, so if you want 'em, you gotta' make the drive. I found the cards in the Target Greatlands in Neptune, NJ and Target in Middletown, NJ and the new merchandise at the Target Greatlands in Clifton, NJ.

Ironically, not one of those three are carrying the new "Red and Green" Christmas album yet.

sweetness! thanks for the heads up Vic. I'm goin to the city (and target too) next saturday (11/18/06) to do more of my christmas shoppng.... i MY PICK UP all the items you listed. The Kermit clock & globe i REALLY want tho :excited:

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I saw the globe, frame, and bank when my mom took me there yesterday. I tried hinting that it would be a good present for me!:rolleyes:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Ooh the photoframe sounds perfect! Now I'm going to have to make a trip to Target after work tomorrow :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*mutters something about England being the birthplace of the Muppet Show, and something about no merchandise*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
You know I saw this stuff about a week ago, but I wasn't sure if it was new or not. Good descriptions Dave, that's about how I thought of the stuff too. I kind of want the snowglobe, it's not the best I've seen, but it would still be a cute knick knack on a shelf somewhere.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
If you see something you REALLY want, I would be willing to help you out, Beau.

Stulz

Reaction score
West Coast

I'll be back living on the east coast very soon, but in the mean time has anyone seen these on the West Coast?

I tried theTarget Greatland in Coast Mesa and all they have is the Carlton card merch that's on clearence.

Tim

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's selling too well. I was just there last night and they had a TON in the "Clearance" bin!