1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

No problem! :D

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

wow so amazing spoilers! highlight text

wow so amazing that rowlf has a line in were doing a sequel!

im number one sounds amazing

ill get you what you want is amazing

really the whole muppet show theme is in spanish..... ugh

interrogation song sounds alright.

something so right sounds good.

moves like jagger is amazing with scooter

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Considering they're doing it while in Spain, it makes complete sense.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. muppetlover123

Yeah but it sounds so weird and confusing tho. But it will make sense in the movie itself!

5. Oscarfan

Why? Is it because you don't know any Spanish? I listened to the sample and it sounds great, almost a better orchestration/chorus than the actual theme.

6. muppetlover123

Yes that is exactly why because I dont understand spanish that well.

7. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Great.....the Aussie release date has been pushed back from April 3rd to April 10th. Seriously?? I was planning to see it on the 5th!

I'm probably going to have to avoid MC as of next week to avoid spoilers, so I'll see you guys in April with a giant review spilling out between my fingers.

Catch ya'll soon!

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Seriously, where's the full version of Moves like Jagger?!

9. Oscarfan

On the album?

10. antsamthompson9

No duh. I just wanna hear the whole thing.

11. Oscarfan

You can hear the whole thing, when the album comes out.

12. antsamthompson9

Waiting is too hard!

13. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

The songs sound amazing!!!

14. Oscarfan

15. antsamthompson9

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

galagr likes this.
  17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

On a more negative note, looks like the critics are showing no mercy so far:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/muppets_most_wanted/

A few critiqued the film because it didn't have Jason Segal, and it wasn't as good without his "writing, acting and singing talents that were so pivotal in reviving the franchise the first time around." Yes, really, that's the quote.

Ah, yes, I went to see "The Muppets" to see Jason Segal. Kind of like how I went to see "The Lego Movie" to see Liam Neeson as the Cop. Or how I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph to see King Candy.

Oh, wait, silly me, absolutely no one did that. Are you freakin' kidding me?! That was one of the MAJOR PROBLEMS with TM(11). It focused waaaay too much on the humans. Some other reviews also said that MMW wasn't as good because it didn't retain the sweet nature of the TM(11). Yep, because a movie about identity theft, prison, and a world class heist should be sweeter than a movie about getting the old gang back together to put on a show.

Maybe I wouldn't be as steamed about this if these weren't the first reviews the movie has. Most people on this forum will see this film regardless if it's good or not, but other people will be impressionable as to what the critics say. They aren't gonna want to see a movie with bad reviews, and I think we all want this to do very well. The franchise is just getting started back up, and if MMW does bad, this will be the last Muppet production we see for a while.

Please, for the love of god, let this film do good.

Muppetboy09, DrDientes and cjd874 like this.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm dumbfounded that's the case. It was Jason's choice to leave the franchise, he did what he had to do to get the first one made.

Edit: The negative reviews are poorly written and clearly don't get the point what the fil is. Of course, there's only 3 of them out of 5 (2 liked it)... but then again, Roger Ebert gave GMC a crappy review for no reason.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  19. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

That and the human protagonists weren't all that interesting, at least to me.

Who says Muppet movies have to be sweet 24/7?

20. Oscarfan

To be fair, 3 out of 5 isn't that big a deal. The ratio might balance out when more reviews pour in when the movie comes out. And the main criticism is that Jason and Amy aren't in it, which is completely dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.