New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last time they did it, the Chinese company skimped out on the paint, and put some dangerous Cadmium in there. And I was really peeved about it. I wasn't even going to drink from them.

As for the kid's meal toys, I actually like what they did with the Smurfs movie promotion...

16 figures, about 3". Think about loads and loads of Muppet figures they could have had if they emulated that. Or the Spongebob promotion that had 16 different figures that all had some gimmick.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Given that all of Disney's 3D re-releases tanked big-time last year, I'm not too surprised.
This is just an observation:

The three pre-2012 Disney 3D re-releases (The Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story Double Feature, and The Lion King) were movies that were really hard to get on DVD for a while before their release. Heck, I remember looking high and low for a DVD of Nightmare Before Christmas, not being able to find it, and being REALLY happy about the re-release. I even drove an hour to get to the nearest theater showing it. (Remember, Digital 3D was just starting out in 2006, so not many cinemas had the projectors yet)

The three that came out last year - Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc. - were taken off the market just before these 3D reissues, and copies could still easily be found at the time they were out.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The three that came out last year - Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc. - were taken off the market just before these 3D reissues, and copies could still easily be found at the time they were out.
Yup, I think you hit it right on the head. Heck, the Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray was re-released with a 3D disc months before the theatrical re-release. So you were paying to go see something you could get on the Best Buy shelf already. And they were still putting out copies as the release was happening. The other two Pixar films have no excuse since those DVDs never went out of print until the Blu-ray releases. Disney really didn't think out those 3D re-releases looking back.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
At first I was scared that it was pushed back even further, but as Aaron said, that is the only confirmed release date out there

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The release date of the movie has been changed once again

March might be good for it, but it's hardly the holiday release the fans would want.
I'd prefer the film come sooner, but like the spring release date. The Muppets have been too often tied to the holiday season. They've had so many holiday releases and lots of holiday content. It's about time for the public to celebrate them all year round! The Muppets aren't just for Christmas. They're forever! :smile:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Actually.......
The first three Muppet movies (The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan) and Muppets From Space all came out in the summer. (June or July)

The Muppets Christmas Carol and The Muppets came out around the holiday season (November or December)

Muppet Treasure Island came out in February.

So, actually, a majority of the big screen Muppet movies actually came out in the summer. If MTI can come out in February, then its not totally weird that The Muppets....Again is coming out in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.