New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubert

Reaction score
Well, I will will DEFINITELY be one of the first ones in the theater wearing my Piggy & Paris T-shirt! I cannot wait to see this! I want to see little Robin in this film! He's so adorable... !!!
A Piggy & Paris T-shirt? Sounds interesting...you happen to have a pic lying around?

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
The "Muppets...Again" will reportedly be going up against yet another franchise called "Divergent" that wants to be the next Twilight. So, that's the competition people. We'll see, I guess.
Well, the final Twilight movie has a DVD release date set (March 2... and why exactly do I know this?...) which means that this "sparkly vampires" fad is breathing it's final breaths. So naturally, the replacement's on it's way. :rolleyes:

Still, I'm very happy to see that The Muppets... Again has a release date.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score

NO MORE TWILIGHT! NO MORE VAMPIRES! NO MORE STUPID GIRLS WHO ARE WILLING TO BECOME VAMPIRES JUST TO BE WITH THEIR VAMPIRE BOYFRIEND FOREVER!!!!! GAAAAAAAAH! :grr::grouchy:
(Ok....rage over.)
Yeah, I just looked this thing up on Wikipedia, and it has nothing to do with vampires. But honestly, I don't see it catching on. It sounds a bit too much like The Hunger Games to be taken seriously by moviegoers - especially since they are (will) both be Lionsgate franchises. I don't think the Muppets would be too hurt by it.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Yeah, I just looked this thing up on Wikipedia, and it has nothing to do with vampires. But honestly, I don't see it catching on. It sounds a bit too much like The Hunger Games to be taken seriously by moviegoers - especially since they are (will) both be Lionsgate franchises. I don't think the Muppets would be too hurt by it.
John, the "moviegoers" that seem to have the biggest voice these days are stupid teenagers, and they're the audience that made Twilight - With its bland characters, lack of substance, sexist-to-both-genders exploitation of the male body, and total disregard to what real love is - popular. (No offense to all of the smart teenagers that are reading this post who did not help make Twilight popular (and you are excused if a date dragged you to one of the films))

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
John, the "moviegoers" that seem to have the biggest voice these days are stupid teenagers, and they're the audience that made Twilight - With its bland characters, lack of substance, sexist-to-both-genders exploitation of the male body, and total disregard to what real love is - popular. (No offense to all of the smart teenagers that are reading this post who did not help make Twilight popular (and you are excused if a date dragged you to one of the films))
i.e. the exact audience that wouldn't be caught dead seeing a Muppet movie.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well, the final Twilight movie has a DVD release date set (March 2... and why exactly do I know this?...) which means that this "sparkly vampires" fad is breathing it's final breaths. So naturally, the replacement's on it's way. :rolleyes:

Still, I'm very happy to see that The Muppets... Again has a release date.
The core of a Twilight-like franchise is based on a bunch of teenage characters in some sort of emo, self-involved plot that involves very little clothing. The supernatural elements don't really matter. The movie market is such that actors like Robert DeNiro and Harrison Ford have a hard time making pictures because they don't fit into what producers are making. That is a very sad truth.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The core of a Twilight-like franchise is based on a bunch of teenage characters in some sort of emo, self-involved plot that involves very little clothing. The supernatural elements don't really matter. The movie market is such that actors like Robert DeNiro and Harrison Ford have a hard time making pictures because they don't fit into what producers are making. That is a very sad truth.
I'm hoping that with the box office success movies like Lincoln had this year (never would have thought that would gross $150 million+ in the US alone) and with said Twilight franchise dead and gone from the multiplex, we will see more intelligent yet marketable fare from the studios in the coming year or two.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
i.e. the exact audience that wouldn't be caught dead seeing a Muppet movie.
Exactly. (Because if your film stars a talking frog, it's automatically just a stupid movie for their younger cousins. :rolleyes:) It just comes down to which audience is bigger, and more interested in going to the movies. Honestly, I don't think our team has anything to worry about. :smile:

Although if you'd ever seen a Twilight movie with the Rifftrax riff added, you'll know that at least one good thing has come from all this. :stick_out_tongue:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I'm hoping that with the box office success movies like Lincoln had this year (never would have thought that would gross $150 million+ in the US alone) and with said Twilight franchise dead and gone from the multiplex, we will see more intelligent yet marketable fare from the studios in the coming year or two.
Ah, but did Lincoln have one of the main stars taking off his shirt to use it as a bandage for the leading lady, dispite the fact that it would've made a lot more sense to take her inside so she could actually get it cleaned? New Moon did.

Status
Not open for further replies.