1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I bought the blu ray finally, and I still cant see the darn thing as it turns out my blu ray player I thought I had installed was bunk. Is there anywhere the featurettes/deleted scenes can be downloaded online(now that I legally own it)
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

So excited next month they start shooting!!! Man it feels good to be saying that. "Next month!!!" :) :halo::D:flirt:;)
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing....
  4. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Member

Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley...as Edina and Pats, of course!!! Match made in heaven!!!!
    dwmckim likes this.
  5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

This needs to happen some time be it the next movie or whenever...course i'd be just as happy with Saunders/Lumley showing up as different characters...or even French & Saunders wreaking havoc in Muppetland.

Heck, if they could do it for The Storyteller, the Muppets definately need a turn!
    RealWonderman likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I dunno about you, but I'd love to see John Cleese in the film again. And they really should try to get Charles Grodin to do a cameo as Nicky Holiday like they wanted for the last movie.
  7. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Member

I can't help but ponder the comedy gold of a bombed Pats and Eddie with the Muppets!!
  8. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Member

Oh! Daniel Radcliffe too...he SWOONED over Piggy at the BAFTA Awards!
  9. Drtooth

Christoph Waltz couldn't make it, so Ty Burrell is going to be in that role.

WOW! For a second time, Ty shows up when other actors don't. The other time being Mr. Peabody in the upcoming movie when Robert Downy Jr. backed out. it's a shame that he's kinda Mr. second choice, but he's clearly going to be a laugh riot in this film.

And wouldn't you know? As I'm typing this, a Ty Burrell voiced commercial for Fios is on TV. Dude's everywhere.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Disappointing about Waltz, but Burrell is an excellent second choice. He can definitely do both deadpan delivery of jokes and physical comedy, both of which are probably going to be all over the place in this movie. I hope we get some more casting news soon.
  11. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Member

Match made in heaven!
  12. Pinkflower7783

I for on am just glad news is coming in! :) I'm sure lots more will be coming next month!
    Walter likes this.
  13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

YES! YES!!
    I really wanted him in the last movie as a cameo, but I guess this is even better! He's hilarious! Will be an excellent addition to the already crazy and zany Muppet movie.
  14. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Perfect replacement.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  15. Drtooth

That said, I barely know who Waltz was anyway.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

I really had no idea who Waltz was and I don't know who Burrell is either but the fact he was on Sesame Steeet makes me think he'll fit in just fine! :)
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

He plays Phil Dunphy in Modern Family, I don't know if you watch that show, but he's definatley one of the funniest characters in the show. Watch an episode of it.

I think he'll fit in just fine. He can be very Muppety. :)
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  18. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Ty Burrell could be one of the best casting choices for any Muppet production in the past 15 years. I've enjoyed his work on Modern Family since his debut - not only is he great at physical comedy and pratfalls but he has this wonderful sly wit that pops out when you least expect it. And he takes lines that have absolutely no business being funny and makes them hilarious.

He'd be a great fit for the new movie no matter what role he plays. Getting even more excited as I type this... :):):)
  19. Pinkflower7783

Nope I don't watch Modern Family. It's actually quite sad in general I have cable but barely watch it. :o That's why up until last year I had no idea who Jason Segal was. But I saw the clip of him on Sesame and yep I can see why he got the job. :)

MAN GUYS CAN YOU BELIEVE NEXT MONTH?!! THEIR GONNA BE FILMING!!! YAHOO!!!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  20. toadster101

toadster101 New Member

I hope Walter doesn't play a major role in this. <_< Pepe and Rizzo deserve some screen time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.