New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Does this mean that the movie will open earlier in the UK since the movie takes place in England?
It may have a chance that it may open in the UK first. I'll be surprised if the UK release date is before March 14, 2014. :smile:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
It may have a chance that it may open in the UK first. I'll be surprised if the UK release date is before March 14, 2014. :smile:
Did they do that for GMC at all (make the UK release earlier than the American), since that movie also took place in England?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'd at least love a good amount more than the last movie brought us. Though now there is probably more of a solid market for Muppet merch considering that the Muppets have two movies under their belt within a time of four years.

I've been wondering that too. I'm not even sure where the movie is being filmed on a less specific scale. Some have said England, yet then others have said New York...

They did have some items like nail polish, books and Disney Store plushes last time, but I'd like a more comprehensive push this time. Here are some of the areas I hope the Muppets will explore:

Happy Meal toys, Glassware promotions, Cereal tie-ins, Stickers, Plush toys & Puppets, PVC figures, Action figures, Wristwatches & Clocks, Bed sheets, Notebooks & School supplies, Crayola sets, Lego sets, T-shirts & Clothing, Keychains and Tchotchkes, PEZ & Candy promotions, Books & Comics, Household items, Posters & Art, Interactive media skins along with the Motion Picture Soundrack and the Muppet Show Seasons 4&5!

Yeah, they had some of these items last time, but I'd like to see a greater effort for this film. :smile:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
In a perfect world, season 4 should be out just during the holiday season and season 5 would come out in the summer with the movie's Blu-ray release. In an even better world, the whole series would be on DVD already. :stick_out_tongue:
Yup. Disney would even release the complete series of The Muppet Show when all five seasons are released. Maybe, the whole series can be also released on Blu-ray, too! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Happy Meal toys, Glassware promotions, Cereal tie-ins, Stickers, Plush toys & Puppets, PVC figures, Action figures, Wristwatches & Clocks, Bed sheets, Notebooks & School supplies, Crayola sets, Lego sets, T-shirts & Clothing, Keychains and Tchotchkes, PEZ & Candy promotions, Books & Comics, Household items, Posters & Art, Interactive media skins along with the Motion Picture Soundrack and the Muppet Show Seasons 4&5!

Yeah, they had some of these items last time, but I'd like to see a greater effort for this film. :smile:

First off, Happy Meal Toys are off the table. Disney wants to distance themselves off of fast food promotions that aren't Subway. And by Subway promotions, I mean cheap as crap, lame tote bags. Because fatty junk food is fatty junk food and Subway is not as completely unhealthy due to the high nitrates in the meats. If they didn't do one for Toy Story 3 or Cars 2, they're not going to do one for the Muppets. Heck, there wasn't even a Marvel based Happy Meal. yet, they had a Spider-Man based super double heart attack sandwich at some place. I don't see the logic.

Secondly, the more I think about it, The Muppets did have a decent amount of stuff. Unfortunately, we had to wait until after the movie for quite a bit of it. As far as Disney Goes, the only things I really wanted to see were a figurine set and a series of bean bag collectibles, smaller and easier to collect than 16 dollar 10-12" plush toys. Now, we did get a figurine set, unfortunately not a super deluxe one like Lion King or Brave or even multiple sets like Cars or Mickey's Clubhouse. We only got a fixed set of the main 5 and Rizzo. As for bean bags, I still don't see why they aren't an option. I saw the Rooster from Three Caballeros get one... Even the most "obscure" of Muppets would do well as a smaller, cheaper, easier to collect plush.

But I think that, with every movie franchise out there, we're going to have to wait until the second one to see anything.

Hubert

Reaction score
I suddenly want Muppet tote bags as a Subway promotion now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Totebags are NOT a kid's meal prize. Neither are Kid's Bop CD's. Never was a fan of those crappy pinball games either, and Wendy's sure loved their cardboard board games.

Status
Not open for further replies.