New Muppet Movie

MuppetVision

Reaction score
Is there anyplan for a new Muppet movie to go to the theaters.

I heard about Wizard of Oz. Thats cool. But they havn't had a theatrical release since Muppets from Space. :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A theatrical release probably won't happen for at least 3-4 years minimum. Personally, the TV specials/movie work well. More than twice the number of people saw Very Merry Muppet Christmas on NBC in November 2002 than saw Muppets From Space when it was in the theaters in July 1999. The NBC Christmas movie was also cheaper to produce.

Ryan

Reaction score
Speaking of VMMCM, does anybody know how well it did this year? I heard it rated last. :sympathy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Speaking of VMMCM, does anybody know how well it did this year? I heard it rated last. :sympathy:
Probably because everyone had already seen it, and it was up against new tv movies.

I watched it.

Buttercup

Reaction score
I didn't see it because I didn't know it was on, but I bought the DVD!

dmx10101

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Speaking of that movie, if it wasn't for me happening to watch that on tv this year if would have never gotten back into the Muppets and I wouldn't be on this board. Just read my sig.