New Muppet Party Game GCN PS2

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I found pictures from IGN. pictures after article about game.

May 15, 2003 - Jim Henson must be rolling around in his grave right now. Not only has his beloved Muppets been ignored by kids all around the world in favor of franchises like Spongebob Squarepants but no one has made a quality video game starring Kermit The Frog since... well, ever. TDK intends to change that with Muppets Party Cruise, which is being released this fall.

Muppets Party Cruise is a Mario Party-style game with over 30 mini-games that are played in two different modes: Long Cruise and Short Cruise. Long Cruise allows you to access all 30 games from the start and is played board game-style with four players. Short Cruise is obviously a shortened version of Long Cruise where only specific games are playable while the rest are unlocked during the length of the game.

Two of the mini-games that we were shown were titled "Slippery When Wet" and "Stage Fright". In Slippery When Wet, four players had to slide down a fast-moving river in order to collect gems that were located in various places. Players had to navigate the river by tapping left or right to vary their direction in order to collect said gems. In Stage Fright two players are equipped with tomatoes and must smack the two other players who are running around on a stage. Each direct hit on a player would result in 50 points for the thrower, while the person on the stage would score anywhere from 7 to 10 points for dodging a tomato.

While it's not the most graphically intensive game ever, all of the Muppet characters are true to form and also feature voice acting from Henson Production actors. It's not known if the actors from the Muppet movies are doing the voices for this game though. The development team over at Mass Media also emphasized that the majority of the mini-games will be on a single screen and not a split screen so that players will have a better sense of competition.

Sure, Muppets Party Cruise may not be for everyone, but young adults who grew up watching TV shows like the Muppet Babies may find some fun in this title while they play their little brother or sister in Stage Fright. With six playable characters and a huge supporting cast, this may be the game that brings out the kid in all of us once again.

-- Andrew Alfonso, Contributor

:smile:

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMedia...ype=medialist&page_title=Muppets Party Cruise

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thank's Bean,

I'm getting so excited about this, Love the pictures and i'm so glad that Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie & Animal aren't the only characters avaiable to choose from as stated by someone before (an innocent mistake) there's also Gonzo, Pepe and more.

Anyway the first sentence of what you posted scared me, I thought they were about to say the game was terrible.

ps. I can wait for the cover art:smile: :sing: :big_grin: :cool:

King Prawn

Reaction score
A word of warning, when you follow this link http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMedia...0Party Cruise

you are only allowed to view four pictures for some reason until to subscribe so pick carefully, don't make the same mistake i did, the first four have nothing to do with the game in case you'd like to know.

There is a way we could all see all of them, if someone uploads the four first pics (I havn't got access to them any more) and then someone else the other four and posts the pics here directly?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Sorry about pawn, I forget to tell you about the IGN Insider rule. I am not a Insider, but everyone who isn't get about four picture or movie per day. What you can do basically to copy the image and paste it into this forum like I did. I think that I used up my picture I will check to see if I can post anymore.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks Bean,

I went to reopen my four pics to put them here but was unable to reopen them, never mind we've already got 3/12 pics, we just need 3 more people to do the same thing you've done and we'll all get to see them all.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Here is a great picture of the 6 characters you can apparently choose from. I bet there will be more represented in the game though. This picture is also an excellent shot of the character graphics. Kermit, Pepe, and Animal all look great. Piggy is WAY too human looking. Her snout is almost gone. Gonzo and Fozzie seem just a little off, but not much, probably because of the furryness being lost when translated to PS2.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/MuppetsPartyCruise_051403_02.jpg