New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, when the laugh track was starting to become industry standard in the late 50s, writers and producers weren't really conscious of timing scripts and filming to allow room for laughter without overlapping/interrupting dialogue (and admittedly, that's one of the reasons Jay Ward and Bill Scott fought, and eventually won, against ABC for having a laugh track on Rocky and Bullwinkle, because with that show's rapid-fire pace and quick wit, pausing for laughter bogged it down) - this improved through the sixties, so writers began to realize that scripts had to be timed to allow for laughter.

Now in cases of today's single-camera sitcoms, I suppose in some cases, if they know there won't be a laugh track, timing isn't that much of a concern. That, and it's not entirely uncommon for single-camera sitcoms to bring an additional second or third camera to aid filming a scene. Take, for example, this scene from an episode of BEWITCHED, from 14:20 to 19:05; BEWITCHED was single camera, but this scene is obviously done with at least three.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would hope that even if it does not get picked up by ABC that will at least see the pilot online.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I would hope that even if it does not get picked up by ABC that will at least see the pilot online.
Generally when pilots don't get picked up, they don't get seen by the public. If it doesn't get picked up, the chances of seeing the episode are close to none. I do hope the series is picked up and lasts at least a few seasons.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
How about The Muppets Now or just the muppets show

Here are some from me.

Title Suggestions
  • Muppets in Action
  • Muppets (It could be that simple)
  • Modern Muppets
  • Muppeting (Considering the title of black ish, they could put an ish or ing after muppet, and use it)
  • Muppet Business
  • The New Muppet Show
  • Muppets Now
Just some titles that could work.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Not the muppets show next generation because it could be like a star trek parody​

Drtooth

Reaction score
Never liked when they added the term "The New" to the title of TV series, especially cartoons. I mean, if they're successful, when they're rerun it's like "The New Fat Albert Show" or something. It's newer than the old episodes with maybe a format change or something, but once they hit those reruns it's just awkward. Just to differentiate between the older episodes.

I don't think Muppets need the word "New" slapped onto the title. I don't even like the "Guaranteed Brand New" line from the MT theme song. It's obvious these are new episodes of a new series and all. This show (trying not to put any carts before horses) should have a distinct title to differentiate between The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, and whatever this is going to be, but without that "WOW! New Packaging" hook. "The Muppets" was taken by a movie, I dunno if that would translate well for a TV title without any confusion with the movie. Gotta admit, as generic as that movie title was, adding prefixes like "New" or the word "comeback" would have jinxed things.

So to tell the truth, I don't know what the series should be called.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess that's why they eventually shortened DISNEY'S BRAND SPANKIN' NEW DOUG to just DISNEY'S DOUG.

But I never understood movies that did that: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH? THE NEW ADVENTURES OF PIPPI LONGSTOCKING? THE NEW JACKIE CHAN MOVIE?

(Reference to that last one )