New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

jvcarroll

Reaction score
No "S" for the show. Please. It's the Muppet Show, not the MuppetS Show. That drives me crazy! LOL!

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
A few ideas for a Title could be:
  • The Muppets behind the Camera
  • The Muppet show
  • The Muppets
  • Muppets Behind the show
  • At home with The Muppets
  • Muppet Time
I thought considering the premise is about the Muppets trying to pitch a new show and what they're day to day lives are like a title like The Muppets behind the camera would kinda work

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A few ideas for a Title could be:
  • The Muppets behind the Camera
  • The Muppet show
  • The Muppets
  • Muppets Behind the show
  • At home with The Muppets
  • Muppet Time
I thought considering the premise is about the Muppets trying to pitch a new show and what they're day to day lives are like a title like The Muppets behind the camera would kinda work
I think they should just go with the The Muppet Show or The Muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd rather they not go with THE MUPPET SHOW, because then it would seem like they're intentionally trying to reboot TMS, which is the last thing we would want (and honestly, aside from filthy sitcoms, cheaply-produced reality shows, and bloody medical dramas that all claim they're going to be the next M*A*S*H, the only other thing on TV today is remakes and reboots of classic series). THE MUPPETS might be an okay title, but that would make it seem like they're trying to take the premise of THE MUPPETS (2011) and turn it into a series (which it almost seems like they're doing, but the Muppets are already back together and doing great, how can you turn trying to reunite the band and start doing shows again into a weekly series?)

It's not going to be easy to find a suitable title for this thing, but we need a good one that will inform people that this is the Muppets' next big step to making a comeback to weekly television, though avoid making it seem as if they're just rehashing all their old stuff.

Iscah

Reaction score
"Meet the Muppets" makes sense to me. It's a callback to the old theme song, and fits with the "look behind the scenes and meet the actors" approach they seem to be taking.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd rather they not go with THE MUPPET SHOW, because then it would seem like they're intentionally trying to reboot TMS, which is the last thing we would want (and honestly, aside from filthy sitcoms, cheaply-produced reality shows, and bloody medical dramas that all claim they're going to be the next M*A*S*H, the only other thing on TV today is remakes and reboots of classic series).
The term Reboot is thrown around too easily. I don't like the impression this will be a reboot, since it's like a reboot of a franchise that, while it has it's big lull periods, doesn't completely disappear. I especially don't want it to come off as a retread either. We need a title to go with the concept that this is a comeback of classic characters, not "we've run out of ideas, and rather than ripping something off, we toss a name on it" which is no doubt what the general public would say. And yet, when a totally unique sitcom does manage to pop up, they refuse to watch it.

The title needs to convey the idea that "The Muppets have always had some television presence, this is a new show." Something that treats them like stars of a new series rather than "New Muppets to replace the old ones."

Well why not call it Kermit and Friends?
Sounds a little too purple dinosaurish/daytime light talk show.