1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by RealWonderman, Feb 21, 2018.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Wait, The Muppets 2015 never got a DVD release right?

2. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no. :smirk:

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Probably never will either.

4. Froggy Fool

Yep, Disney kind of wants to forget that that show ever happened.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

Oh, don't remind me with their history of trying to "forget" stuff. :rolleyes:

*Cough* songs of the South *cough*

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  6. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Well-Known Member

No, but you can find the episodes of them on itunes.

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Maybe they will bring Steve back!

"Stands back and waits for the fight*

8. Froggy Fool

*** have you started, DWAYNE???! :eek:

9. LittleJerry92

Can we stop bringing up Steve coming back, please? It was understandable last year but time has passed and now it's just getting old and annoying.

10. Froggy Fool

I SOWWEE.

11. LittleJerry92

I'm sorry myself for sounding salty, it just feels like whenever Steve is brought up in the subject of returning, all it does is just bring our more stupid fights.

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Agree.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm just one of those types that stands by my convictions to a fault. I do not apologize for what I said and whenever the opportunity arise I will speak out about this. I maybe the only one who even still takes this stand, and if that be the case so be it.

Not only was Steve's firing wrong because the wrong person got fired for the disaster of the 2015 show.

It has already started to affect the true essence and character of the Muppets.
    If Disney wants the Muppets to succeed in any medium they are going to have to do a complete overhaul of personal, and bring in people who know, understand and care about the Muppets, and that includes Steve.

cahuenga likes this.
  14. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Well-Known Member

Muppets Most Wanted was a box office failure and the 2015 series was a ratings disaster. Both featured Whitmire. Are you saying that if Disney wants the Muppets to succeed they’d have to bring him back? I’m not following the logic, m’gee.

He’s gone. He ain’t comin’ back.

15. LittleJerry92

Where is the story of MMW being a box office failure coming in?

I checked the box office compared to the budget and it was way above it. :confused:

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ideally most hope to make at least double the budget, especially domestically. Don't forget, they have to pay for promotions and merchandise. Plus, this is Disney we're talking here, the same studio that was disappointed in the second Narnia movie despite it making around $430 million.

17. LittleJerry92

Oh. Figures.

Cause Disney is never satisfied with money. :rolleyes:

18. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Well-Known Member

Movies need to at least double their budget to break even. Muppets Most Wanted couldn’t double it’s 50 million budget even with worldwide box office factored in. That’s terrible for a franchise film. The fact that it only made 1.2 million domestically over it’s budget is just really sad.

Muppet fans really need to stop pretending this film wasn’t a financial failure.

oknazevad and Pig's Laundry like this.
  19. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I personally don't believe muppet fans actually care if a muppet film is a success in the box office. All I care about is if a muppet film has good humour, good songs and keeps the same spirit and charm that the original trilogy had

20. LittleJerry92

^^^^^^^^^^^

Muppet Master and BlakeConor14 like this.