1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by RealWonderman, Feb 21, 2018.

1. LobsterPowers

LobsterPowers New Member

I'm looking forward to the Disney+ New Muppet Show :D

2. Prof Bunsen

Prof Bunsen Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to a new Muppet series too. But it needs to be fresh and new, perhaps with them going back to their roots in a way.

The 2015 series was more like a Muppets doing a mockumentary, ala The Office and P&R, which isn't bad, but it becomes formulaic to the audience. Now what I could've done as a screenwriter (which I want to do someday) is maybe let them do a mockumentary where they tour around the world or something, the hard way if you know what I mean. We would have Kermit proudly saying they will move like nomads to audiences all over the country, all over the WORLD: we will chase snails, leave trails, eat bloody pudding, drink the best sake, meditate their foamy souls with Brewster by the Ganges, dance with concubines in Araby, perform tribal dances at the foot of Kilimanjaro, and watch the aliens die on Koozebane, and then in a twist we would have Sam replying with "What the **** was that all about?", the same question Kermit asked in the Muppet Show Pitch Reel. Then Crazy Harry would literally blow up the enter theater and the Muppets would take the studio brick-by-brick with them, Miss Piggy would argue over what cosmetics to take with her, and the gang then takes off to places around the world, with every episode centering around them trying to perform their usual schtick (while bringing back the explosions and over-the-top violence), add new tricks, have Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem perform a live concert, and a plot which may involve the Muppets getting themselves in a jam (that could also be literal).

That's what I would do if I was at the helm of this new series. A more back-to-basics approach, while crossing over with something like Josie and the Pussycats and Globetrekker/Carmen Sandiego.

Froggy Fool, ConsummateVs and DMHFan like this.
  3. BarneyNedward

BarneyNedward Member

I'd like to see a muppet travelogue series where each episode has them visit a new place and show how they experience the local cultures.

Prof Bunsen likes this.