1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet Series in the works?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppetboy09, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

LaRanaRene likes this.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Interesting that it's announced so soon after the show has been canceled. Then again, he didn't say it was a television series. It could be a new series of short viral videos, or maybe a Netflix (or Hulu, or other video website) series.

3. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Well, that was fast. But I also think it's going to be a tiny thing, not a full-fledged series.

4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Well, if it is a tiny thing, I don't think Kirk would of started building it up on Twitter!!

Muppy and Muppet Master like this.
  5. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Maybe, but I'm sure Kirk knows that Muppet fans are hungry for any type of news now, no matter if it's major or minor. I for one don't want to get my hopes too high until there's more info.

6. Mary Bird

Mary Bird New Member

With Kirk Thatcher, it could be basically anything. I'm with @backpackmina - I'm looking forward to something a bit more concrete than a tweet!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wow, it hasn't even been a month since the last show was cancelled. Whatever this is, I hope it's not as ill-fated or poorly received as the tv series. Whatever it is, I'm happy the muppets will be back.

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well whatever it is hopefully it's good

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I hope it's more Muppet Moments!

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Let's hope more information gets spilled out this summer.

11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain it will be something internet based. Some of the most successful Muppet stuff to come out the past few years has been on YouTube, so I'll be quite happy if that's the case.

Mary Bird and scooterfan360 like this.
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

There's speculation floating around Facebook that this is something related to JHC rather than the Muppets. Right now, only time will tell.

13. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Well considering the question he answered specifically said 'Muppets'......

14. Muppet Master

I hope not, and he did say muppets not puppet or anything else. I guess you could ask him on twitter.

15. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

I love how last week everyone thought the franchise was dead, but now one tweet means that the Muppets are back and better than before ...

I'm interested to see what Kirk is talking about though.

16. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I checked with Kirk, and it IS Muppets.:)

scooterfan360 and Muppet Master like this.
  17. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

How do you know?

scooterfan360 and LaRanaRene like this.
  18. Muppet Master

Good to know, thanks. :)

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's interesting that he even specifically said he was working on a new series, since he couldn't say anything about it yet. He could have just said he was working on something Muppet-related. I would think that specifying that it's a series (or a special, or a movie, or a web short) would be too much information.

20. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Is this something different than the new puppet series with Julie Andrews on Netflix that he is talking about? I think that isn't set to air until early next year. I don't think that is Muppets either, just puppets.