1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet Series in the works?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppetboy09, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Kirk isn't involved with the Julie Andrews series. Besides, that was already announced and he says the project he's working on won't be until the fall.

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Would a Henson/Muppet professional refer to a Henson Company show as a Muppet show? I'd think they would know better.

3. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

4. minor muppetz

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well at this point anything with the Muppets is good enough for me!

scooterfan360 and LaRanaRene like this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I honestly should be a lot more excited than I am. That is to say, even if this was an actual big TV project, I'd be a lot less enthusiastic than a Muppet fan should be.

The reasons are obvious, I think. Maybe once it comes out what this thing is, I'd be a little more interested. Just... when you had a TV show that, yeah, it probably would have been canned anyway, but was on the bubble until a stock report came in (Agent Carter was already canned, but they didn't say anything about it until later, sneakily). It's hard to be that excited for another project that won't hit the imaginations of supposed Muppet Fans who would watch an illegally uploaded Family Guy cutscene, share it with all their friends, and say "whatever happened to these guys"... when a freaking movie has been out that have that one Animal T-Shirt they never wear in their closet.

On the other hand, the show is freshly cancelled and yet Disney didn't give the franchise the cold shoulder it gives most of it's franchises, even successful ones when they've either had a low yield project (Winnie the Pooh) or the show's about to be canned (Phineas and Ferb, which was painful to see become a non-person to Disney). Disney is still releasing some merchandise, and they are closely following up the canned TV show with something. So I can see hope, just not muster excitement, at least not just yet.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

The person tweeted to Kirk that they couldn't wiat to see moments between Kermit and Miss Piggy, and then Kirk said it wasn't a giant muppet show. I think this is something like Disney Drive On, but I hope with less Disney synergy.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

It will only feature a few Muppets.

9. minor muppetz

Something I hadn't thought about, but could it maybe be a television series, but more of a spin-off, much like many of the Looney Tunes shows (such as Taz-Mania and The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries)? For years I've thought it'd be cool if they did a Muppet show like this, with a supporting character as the star.

Of course, there's several options for what kind of a "series" it is. Web series, direct-to-video, interstitial series. A series of theatrical shorts would be cool.

10. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

:): You sure it's not a myth?
    A what?
    :): MY..uh...uh...never mind I'm not falling into THAT trap !
    Darn!;)

11. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

How do you know?

12. Mary Bird

Mary Bird New Member

I guess my hangup is that Kirk tends to get REALLY enthusiastic about everything, and while I can't blame him (I would be excited all of the time if I were him, too!), it does make me hesitant.

I'm also trying to remember if he referred to the Turkey Hollow creatures as Muppets (for frame of reference to what he could be referring to). I'm not sure he always differentiates, but then, I have a terrible memory. LOL. Anyone recall?

13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Kirk told me.

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What if it has something to do with seasons 4 & 5 of ?

15. Drtooth

It's this speculation stage that really keeps me from being excited. Sure, there's the obvious hopes and dreads that project announcements can naturally cause. That's a normal thing and to be expected. But when it comes to something like this, it's best not to think too much about it until we get solid info. Otherwise every bit of news that will be telephone gamed, exaggerated, overrationalized, and just worried over will wind up being completely different than what we'd wind up getting. We don't want to create huge expectations that will disappoint us in the end, nor do we want to be so incredibly negative that we'll lose interest by the time something does get announced.

16. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

Yeah because I'm really excited for the project, but don't want to expect TOO much from it.

He hasn't told us which Muppets are involved yet. I'm still thinking it will be certain Muppets grouped together in one short, but again we won't know until Fall. But hey, if there's Muppets in it I'll gladly take it.

17. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I agree, the thing I don't like is that ToughPigs, Muppet Mindset or any other muppet fan site hasn't had an article about it, and I haven't seen a single news article about it, the only thing we have is Kirk's word, which is fine, but I would like some more confirmation.

18. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

I think again it's because it's a secret project and we don't know many details about it. I think once more things come out about it, there will be articles.

All we know so far is that it's a series but not a HUGE show. We don't know if it's shorts, music videos, and will feature most of the Muppets. We'll just have to wait and find out more.

19. Drtooth

At the risk of sounding like the incredibly old guy who isn't tech savvy and puts an over emphasis on how great things were before technology, if there's one thing I miss about the pre-internet days (at least the level of internet advances in the past 20 years) is that when a project came out, we got word of it in just enough development that it was still a surprise and you didn't follow every to the letter update. Or at least it was more easily avoidable. Now we have cases like Amazing Spider-Man 2 that announced the "Death of Gwen Stacy" plotline.... less than a week after the first movie hit theaters. D'OH! Not saying the movie would have been much better or better received. My point is, they took what would have otherwise been "OOOH! Shocking swerve" and turned it into "UGH! When the crap is Gwen Stacy gonna die already?"

I'm sure that soon enough not only will we get more information, I have every confidence we'll have waaaay too much information, and probably less excitement due to lack of surprise.

Muppet Master and Muppy like this.
  20. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

*SPOILER ALERT*

...just joking!