New Muppet Series in the works?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Kirk isn't involved with the Julie Andrews series. Besides, that was already announced and he says the project he's working on won't be until the fall.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Would a Henson/Muppet professional refer to a Henson Company show as a Muppet show? I'd think they would know better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly should be a lot more excited than I am. That is to say, even if this was an actual big TV project, I'd be a lot less enthusiastic than a Muppet fan should be.

The reasons are obvious, I think. Maybe once it comes out what this thing is, I'd be a little more interested. Just... when you had a TV show that, yeah, it probably would have been canned anyway, but was on the bubble until a stock report came in (Agent Carter was already canned, but they didn't say anything about it until later, sneakily). It's hard to be that excited for another project that won't hit the imaginations of supposed Muppet Fans who would watch an illegally uploaded Family Guy cutscene, share it with all their friends, and say "whatever happened to these guys"... when a freaking movie has been out that have that one Animal T-Shirt they never wear in their closet.

On the other hand, the show is freshly cancelled and yet Disney didn't give the franchise the cold shoulder it gives most of it's franchises, even successful ones when they've either had a low yield project (Winnie the Pooh) or the show's about to be canned (Phineas and Ferb, which was painful to see become a non-person to Disney). Disney is still releasing some merchandise, and they are closely following up the canned TV show with something. So I can see hope, just not muster excitement, at least not just yet.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The person tweeted to Kirk that they couldn't wiat to see moments between Kermit and Miss Piggy, and then Kirk said it wasn't a giant muppet show. I think this is something like Disney Drive On, but I hope with less Disney synergy.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The person tweeted to Kirk that they couldn't wiat to see moments between Kermit and Miss Piggy, and then Kirk said it wasn't a giant muppet show. I think this is something like Disney Drive On, but I hope with less Disney synergy.
It will only feature a few Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I hadn't thought about, but could it maybe be a television series, but more of a spin-off, much like many of the Looney Tunes shows (such as Taz-Mania and The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries)? For years I've thought it'd be cool if they did a Muppet show like this, with a supporting character as the star.

Of course, there's several options for what kind of a "series" it is. Web series, direct-to-video, interstitial series. A series of theatrical shorts would be cool.