1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet Series in the works?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppetboy09, Jun 18, 2016.

1. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

What a shame. I was looking forward to what it was going to be about.:(
    Thanks for posting.

3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

He didn't say it was cancelled. It's just on hold.

4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, but still a shame, as it may or may not proceed.

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I mean, we knew .05% about it, so I can't say I'm disappointed because we have no idea what he's talking about.

Muppy likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I doubt they'd follow up a cancelled show with a new series that soon.

But seriously. Just release the Pigs in Space viral videos already.

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Seriously! Weren't those supposed to be released last summer?!?

8. Oscarfan

Yeah, where they at?

9. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Possibly the PIS videos are with all the early 2000s Muppet Pilots are.

10. Oscarfan

I dunno. Pilots are one thing; they aren't intended for the public. These were made specifically for public viewing.

It's possible Disney wanted these to tie-on to the last SW movie, but they weren't ready in time (a Disney article claims the "Kodacrome" video was in post-production for six months). Maybe, and hopefully, they'll be ready by the time Rogue One comes out.

Duke Remington and Muppy like this.
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Muppet web series...be it Statler and Waldorf's From The Balcony,
    or Disney Drive with the Muppets(only wish they were archived online, or available on dvd) Cora's Kitchen was hit or miss from me, but Muppets always have gone great with the internet. The original Muppets.com 2008 series of shorts and youtube shorts from the time are an example.

Still surprised the ABC show got canned, just that there's a number of truly terrible series that kept getting renwed(that I dont know anyone who watches) and it felt like the show was finally finding its rhythm

Muppy and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  12. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

So, I don't think this has anything to do with the "new series", but Peter just posted this picture with the caption,
    "What better way to begin the week than sharing a laugh with a pig."
    [​IMG]

13. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

EDIT: It was from the Fozzie Awards. Sorry 'bout that

JimAndFrank likes this.
  14. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Still makes you wonder what they were all doing together. There must have been more going on than just the awards.

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Good point! Disney probably wouldn't just bring out a major character like Miss Piggy for just anything.

Oh, and I should also mention, Kermit made an appearance in the video as well.