New Muppet UK video: July 8th 2002

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting they would put Muppets From Space and Elmo In Grouchland in the same package.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
It is very common to put a double feature on 1 tape here in England, I didn't really like "EIG" film very much, The last muppet double feature tape was "TMM" & "TMTM".

catch u later

MuppetDanny

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Interesting they would put Muppets From Space and Elmo In Grouchland in the same package<<<

Yeah, it seems outside of the US they do this. I believe in 1999 (or early 2000) MFS and EIG were actually played back to back as a double feature in Japanese theatres:

http://www.magazinequeen.com/images/elmo.JPG

It was advertised oddly enough as 'Elmo & Gonzo The Movie' hehe

///beaker///

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And you wonder why people think the Muppets and Sesame Street are the same thing...

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I got an answer for your question Phil.

Both of the films are released by Jim Henson Pictures.

MuppetDanny

beaker

Reaction score
phil:

>>>And you wonder why people think the Muppets and Sesame Street are the same thing...<<<

Well, of course its all the same canon/lexicon/universe.
We know that, weve seen Sesame characters intergrated flawlessly with 'Muppet Show' characters(ie: Muppetfest, Muppet Family Christmas, etc) Unfortunately, since Muppet show characters havent really been represented in the public eye or tv since really the 80's, all the public has known is Sesame(the Elmo craze of 96 didnt help either) And the fact that til this week or so, the only JHC stuff out there was in fact just the fp Sesame toddler stuff. I see 3 active franchises within the 'Muppet' world:
Muppet Show(which would be anything like sam and friends, to tms, to jhh, muppets tonight...I think Mo Frackle would be the latest example), Sesame Street, and Bear in the Big Blue House
(which I have no idea whats going on there...not sure if that property is faltering or what) Of course in the 80's, the 3 would have been Muppet Show, Sesame, and Fraggle Rock.

I really can't say 'creature' is Muppets, be it Farscape characters or Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. I would have to say that's 'creature'. But now Im going off on a whole other subject, heh

///beaker///