1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

New Muppet Valentines

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Slackbot, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

At Kroger I was glancing around the Disney kiddie valentines, and found, nestled among the Disney Princesses, tween girls, and Cars boxes, some Muppet valentines. It's a box of 32. There are eight designs:

Miss Piggy in front of the Eiffel tower: "You are the only Valentine for Moi!"
    Kermit in a tux: "Valentine, you are charming"
    Animal: "Valentine! Valentine! Ahhh!"
    Fozzie holding a rubber chicken: "This is no joke. Be mine?" "Wocka wocka"
    Gonzo in chili shirt and hat: "Valentine, you are great!"
    Bunsen & Beaker: "Valentine, The results are in. You're a Genius!"
    Pepe: "Valentine, you are amazing! Okay?"
    Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo, and Piggy: "Valentine, you are a V.I.P."

(I typed the odd capitalization and punctuation as they appear on the cards. I didn't do the all-caps bits as such 'cause I didn't want to shout.)

Each card has the signature of the character or characters on 'em. Inside, the valentines are printed on four perforated sheets of heavy paper, and the colors are oversaturated, so the overall look is kinda cheap. Oh, and there's a sheet of heart stickers too. Woo-hoo.

Ozymandias and TikiColadas like this.
  2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

im NOT in school (havnt been since 2003) but i bought these at Kmart the other day too! but mine came with bookmarks.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's kinda a shame they don't have those valentines that come with posters anymore. I was starting to buy up valentines JUST for the posters. But I'll probably pick these up.

It's been so long since they had Muppet valentines... There were some like last Decade (either 2002 or 2003) that had Muppet shaped lollipops... and even before that, the last ones we had were like 1997. And the best part, when I was at the Rite Aid that had them? They only had one left.

4. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I may need to buy these Valentines. :flirt:

DramaQueenMokey and Scooterfan5 like this.
  5. thlog

thlog Member

Didin't see them in Canada yet.

Any online place selling them?

6. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Well-Known Member

The 32-count muppet valentines are sold at rite-aid and the 24 count bookmark muppet valentines are sold at Kmart. I bought both sets and think they r awesome but to me, anything muppet is awesome!!!

By the way, I have not seen these available yet for online purchase.

I am hoping the disneystore will produce some muppet valentine merchandise! I would love a Kermit and miss piggy "smooch" plush set to be made.

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I always love Muppets and Sesame Valentines boxes. I have assorted ones from the early, mid and late 90's. I even have Muppets tonight valentimes:3

8. Drtooth

Ah... there's a deluxe set... I was looking for one.

You know, some late 90's, early 00's valentines used to come with stickers with the characters, now they just have generic red hearts. I wasted a bunch of Nicktoons ones with Angry beavers and CatDog...

9. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Well-Known Member

I have to get these!

10. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Well-Known Member

There dose not seem to be a Rite Aid or K Mart in the Dallas area. I would love for anyone to purchase me 4 boxes from the Rite Aid store and 4 Boxes from the KMart Store. I will pay you through paypal or mail and include a $10.00 tip for your service.

Please let me know if some can help me out. I appreciate you!

11. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Just got some, and are pretty nice! Cool new Pepe pic, but the overused "Muppets take Manhattan DVD" group shot was a little disappointing. :sigh:

12. Drtooth

That's what Valentines/Calendars/greeting cards usually are... the same stock pictures over and over. Especially for the Muppets.

We really need new poser photos.

13. CaseytheMuppet

14. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Aha...I should've looked through the section here on MC more...mea culpa, blame it on not enough sleep! Kmart huh? We gots us one'a them...I'll check it out! Thanks!!

---------------------

15. Drtooth

I saw them first at Rite Aid... didn't see them anywhere else, though. Still, it stinks they're not as easy to find as many of the others.

16. a_Mickey_Muppet

i have 2 boxes of these and the group shot ISN'T the overused "Muppets take Manhattan DVD" group shot pic!

17. a_Mickey_Muppet

see NO overused "Muppets take Manhattan DVD" group shot pic...

[​IMG]

18. CaseytheMuppet

WOAH! Thats different than what I got. That's really strange! :eek: I want THOSE now! Where did you get them? :confused:

19. a_Mickey_Muppet

the picture art/stock pictures are still the same as the ones that DONT come with the bookmarks like mine! i bought these at Kmart for $3.99

20. Stulz

Stulz Well-Known Member

That's the same one I found at Kmart.