New Muppeteer Website.

theonlyspoon

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct place. Apologies if not.

My name is Andrew James Spooner and I'm a UK based puppeteer and actor. Over the years I have been lucky enough to work for the Henson Company on a number of projects. Earlier this year I was honoured to play the part of Furgus Fuzz in the new Sesame Street/Cbeebies co production The Furchester Hotel.

I'm pleased to report that it seems to be doing very well. It's been a huge success in the UK and is now available in the US on the Sesame Street YouTube channel.

I've been working as a puppeteer since the mid 90's and love every minute of it. It's still a tough business to be in. Even with the credits I have work is hard to come by. So to that end I have created my first website.

www.andrewjamesspooner.com

Please feel free to check it out. If you feel like it please share it, tweet it, Facebook it and shout about it from the rooftops as I need to get this thing out there.

In return if you have any questions or need advice please contact me via the website and I'll answer all the questions I can.

Thanks everyone!

I hope to hear from some of you soon.

A

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central! Normally a thread like this would be posted in the "Henson People" Section of the forum. No worries though I'm sure when one of the mods see it they will move it to it's rightful place.

As far as your website is concerned, it looks very well setup and I would love to hear some stories you must have working on some of my favorite Henson/Muppet projects like Muppet Treasure Island, and Most Wanted. I hope your able to continue to find work with puppetry, since I feel that it is sadly a dyeing art with all the CGI that is out there.

Again welcome to the forums, and have a great Holiday! :smile:

theonlyspoon

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central! Normally a thread like this would be posted in the "Henson People" Section of the forum. No worries though I'm sure when one of the mods see it they will move it to it's rightful place.

As far as your website is concerned, it looks very well setup and I would love to hear some stories you must have working on some of my favorite Henson/Muppet projects like Muppet Treasure Island, and Most Wanted. I hope your able to continue to find work with puppetry, since I feel that it is sadly a dyeing art with all the CGI that is out there.

Again welcome to the forums, and have a great Holiday! :smile:
Always a pleasure to talk to people about it! I consider myself very lucky to have been involved with Henson. They are a great company to work for.

If you want to know anything let me know through the site because you'll get a faster reply!

A

beaker

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct place. Apologies if not.

My name is Andrew James Spooner and I'm a UK based puppeteer and actor. Over the years I have been lucky enough to work for the Henson Company on a number of projects. Earlier this year I was honoured to play the part of Furgus Fuzz in the new Sesame Street/Cbeebies co production The Furchester Hotel.

I'm pleased to report that it seems to be doing very well. It's been a huge success in the UK and is now available in the US on the Sesame Street YouTube channel.

I've been working as a puppeteer since the mid 90's and love every minute of it. It's still a tough business to be in. Even with the credits I have work is hard to come by. So to that end I have created my first website.

Please feel free to check it out. If you feel like it please share it, tweet it, Facebook it and shout about it from the rooftops as I need to get this thing out there.

In return if you have any questions or need advice please contact me via the website and I'll answer all the questions I can.

Thanks everyone!

I hope to hear from some of you soon.

A
Loving the Furchester Hotel series! I think some of us were frustrated when UK stuff like the Hoobs and Mopatop way back when were only available in the UK markets, just like I'm sure international fans were miffed when US productions were only available in US markets. But SSW really made a good decision by hosting Furchestor here online for US audiences simultaneously. For any 90's Sesame fans like a lot of us, definitely a throwback to the Furry Arms hotel on Sesame. Really quality stuff that even at almost 40 I can really dig into!

theonlyspoon

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. Christmas and all that!

Thank you so much. We had a fantastic time making them and it seems to be going down well over here. I have no idea how it's being received in the US, so any info would be great.

We shot 52 episodes so there are plenty more to come!

Andrew

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Aww, that's amazing, Andrew!:smile: I hope you feel welcome here in the forums! I haven't seen any episodes of the Furchester Hotel yet, but I didn't know you performed on Muppets Most Wanted!!:fanatic: Probably because the movie was mostly filmed in the UK.:fanatic:

theonlyspoon

Reaction score
Thanks! Pleasure to be here. In my head it's still called "Muppets Again" as that's what we shot it under.

If I'm honest I actually prefer it as a title.

The Furchester is on the Sesame Street YouTube channel in the US. Check it out, I think it's rather sweet.

A