1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by WalterLinz, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The way I look at it, Vogel and Rudman are probably not on set so the only other band member would be Dr. Teeth. Yeah. Why isn't Dr. Teeth there? :D

minor muppetz likes this.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if Sam will tolerate things the kids say and do better than he does with the Muppets. Will he look down on them or be disgusted by them? Will his attitude be more like his attitude in Sex and Violence, where he seemed to have a "whatever" attitude towards the weirdness? Or will Sam interact with children who actually have the kind of views Sam would have?

Then again, on Sesame Street, Bert never seems to get mad at kids when talking with them (though he has demonstrated anger with a few), and Oscar seems to be less grouchy when interacting with kids.

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I think this series will be adorable. ,

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

This is gonna be great love that Rowlf Sam and the Newsman are gonna be in this

Duke Remington and cahuenga like this.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I really love seeing Kermit interact with kids again like he did so well on Sesame Street It will also be interesting watching other Muppets like Piggy, Animal, Rowlf,and Pepe interact with kids as well.

I hope that these new videos will help take away, any fears or miss judgement of this project. I for one can not wait!

Duke Remington and cahuenga like this.
  6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I really liked what I saw. It's very reminiscent of the Muppet/kid moments on Sesame Street, and not Dora-like at all with the slow, loud, babyish tone of voice asking kids questions about things. I especially enjoyed Animal's scenes. :)

Duke Remington and Mr Sweetums like this.
  7. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I won't say I'm excited for these but I do think this is a very good idea and extremely cute. I do agree these Muppet Moments have a Sesame Street feel to them. Usually being cute and similar to Sesame Street would be a negative for The Muppets but in this case (as short inserts) it'll actually be quite enjoyable.

Something I am interested is seeing other Muppets other than Kermit and Fozzie interacting with kids especially Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle and Pepe. Through their 60 years The Muppets have never really interacted with kids apart from Kermit, are there any clips out there of Miss Piggy talking with children? I can't think of a single one.

WalterLinz and Duke Remington like this.
  8. dwayne1115

Well with the exception of there appearance on Good Luck Charlie, I don't think Piggy has ever had any interaction with kids. So it should be very interesting,but I have a lot of faith in Eric who has had a lot of work with kids on Sesame, so Piggy should do just fine.

Duke Remington and Mr Sweetums like this.
  9. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

Good Luck Charlie, I knew there had to be at least one example out there, thanks for that, it was driving me crazy.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. dwayne1115

No problem!

Come to think of it, after watching these agin they really do seem to be a lot like the classic Sesame inserts,but with the Muppet Show Muppets, so it should be very interesting.

Duke Remington likes this.
  11. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

And, hopefully, the pig will not try to assault or even insult any of the kids like she did to poor innocent Charlie on Good Luck, Charlie--that appearance still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, since it destroyed Piggy's character big time. :grr:

12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Vogel, Rudman and Linz will partake in future installments so that Robin, Floyd, Scooter, Janice, Walter, etc. can be able to appear in the series and interact with the kids as well.

13. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

What was Muppet Time?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

It was a segment on Nickelodon during the 90's. It didn't have any of the main Muppet characters (expect for Robin) just background type characters. Here is the link to Muppet Wiki which shows several of the segments. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Time

15. dwayne1115

I like how the lady in the behind the scenes video said how this would be a great way to introduce a new generation to the Muppets. I think and hope she is right.

16. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Its just super random that they are throwing The Newsman in this. Im not complaining but I can't wait to see how he is with kids

Mr Sweetums and Duke Remington like this.
  17. dwayne1115

If anything it will give him more of a personality. I mean let's face it all he really dose it report some fake news story only to hurt by said report. So that should be very interesting.

18. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Hm..maybe he'll probably have a little news flash at some point in an episode talking about the fact that The Muppets are interviewing kids, but, eh, if he's actually gonna be interacting with some kids, then that'll definitely be interesting.:)

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I agree. Having The Newsman in some of these episodes should prove to be quite interesting. Maybe he & the kids will do some bizarre news report, only to have something weird happen like it always happened to him!!!!

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  20. dwayne1115

I don't know I'm kind of having trouble wrapping my head around kids playing with Pepe, Sam, Piggy, The newman, and Beaker. However I can see Kermit, Fozzie Animal and Rowlf doing quite well.

muppetlover123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.