1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by WalterLinz, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

but still their blogs are so , i can't even say it.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I will say this I have had my own personal issues with both Tough Pigs and the Muppet Mindset, but I honestly feel that they try to be fair a Muppet project. For the most part they do not just point out the negative but they try to bring out the positive as well. Not to mention they have a better relationship with a lot of people on the inside that we here at Muppet Central would die to have!

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

You want to know why that might be? Because they're honest. That's the most important thing. You can't have a friendship with someone you lie to constantly because you don't want to hurt feelings. I know a lot of our comments (people like me and OscarFan) seem harsh, but you can be a fan and not be a fanatic. I think differing opinions are what make fandoms interesting.

(And yes, it was borish of me to say you're wrong if you disagree. That was a stupid comment. But I stand firm in believing that this is the wrong direction for the Muppets.)

This is a fragment of a thought, and I don't really get what you're trying to say.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  4. scooterfan360

first of all i was talking about how tough pigs criticize in their blogs, and second i was telling how muppet mindset criticized the movie that after, one of them visited the muppets most wanted set.

cahuenga and Duke Remington like this.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well it's true that honesty is the best policy. I remember when i would do some online interviews with some Muppet folks like Jim Lewis I always tried to be as honest about whichever project we where talking about. I respect your and Oscarfan's opinions. I did however think that it was a little rude when you said that anyone who supported this new project was wrong.

6. scooterfan360

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Because as we all know, every single production the Muppets have ever done is perfect in every way imaginable.

8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Don't think it's THE reason, but it certainly is one of the many reasons. But sure, if you asked the performers their thoughts on these new shorts, chances are they aren't very happy about them. They are likely dying for more to flesh out with these characters. They deserve more movies, a regular television series and more.

I think these segments are harmless. The best they can do is let kids get more familiar with the characters, which is something the franchise needs drastically.

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I don't see why they haven't made any more viral music videos. They won two Webby awards, get millions of views and everyone considers them the best stuff the Muppets have done since Jim passed away. Who at Disney is not making more?

I also seem no harm in turning them into pre-movie shorts. That would be the perfect place for something Muppety.

MrBloogarFoobly and WalterLinz like this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

I really agree with that last one especially. I would love them to make some theatrical shorts. It would be a perfect fit for them right now.

11. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Since when did this become a muppet site bashing thread?

On topic, I'm not going to judge til I see it, but I'm not holding my breath either.

12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Totally agree here. Look at what Sesame Workshop does in terms of viral videos, consistently putting their characters out there in new and different ways. There is no reason that Disney can't do that now because they've done it in the past, so perhaps it's a lack of ideas on their part.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

There goes the chance for the muppets ever being thought of as adult or family content, and a new show airing on a primetime network.

MrBloogarFoobly likes this.
  14. Muppet fan 123

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I don't think this will have a negative effect on the franchise's potential for a TV series. Let's not forget this bit of news revealed last year:
    http://collider.com/new-muppets-tv-show-news/

Then, in recent interviews, people working with the Muppets teased some "exciting upcoming new developments" that is not a movie, and I doubt these Disney Jr interstitials were what they were referring to.

Everybody just take a deep breath and fear not. These segments are completely harmless and should not have a negative impact on the franchise.

15. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Well, remember that Bill Barretta is directing these bits, so I would not be entirely sure about that.

16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Somehow I get the feeling that if The Newsman was cut that he wouldn't have been mentioned in the announcement.

Really? I don't remember any Muppet Mindset articles that criticized the movie in a major way. I'll have to reread Ryan's articles on his set visit (or did somebody else at Muppet Mindset visit the set? Ryan's the only one I remember seeing such an article from) but thought he had positive thoughts about his experience and the movie.

The best Muppet stuff since Jim passed away before the last two movies.

I think somebody said that Bill Baretta had told 'em that these shorts will be very entertaining to adults as well as kids. Of course that's the directors opinion, and while these don't look bad, I don't think they look like the greatest thing the Muppets have ever done. We'll just have to wait and see them and see how good they are.... They do look better than many of the productions that get a lot of hate from fans (at least they look better than Studio DC, the Lady Gaga special, The Muppets Kitchen, Kermit's Swamp Years, and Muppets' Wizard of Oz). I sort of also feel like saying that these look slightly better than the Play-Along Videos, Sing-Alongs, and Muppet Time (but then again, these have a lot of familiar characters, while those other productions were limited in the familiar character department).

17. Muppet fan 123

Very true, but I meant that Disney Jr. was likely not the location that the performers were hoping to end up on.

18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Aww! So in love with those clips. Whoever came up with this concept is a genius. For longtime fans, the famous clips of kids interacting with characters on "the wall" back on Sesame Street's classic era(usually Kermit or Cookie) were some of the most memorable and touching moments in all of Henson history.

I felt virtually every moment of the Muppets guesting on Disney channel tween shows was painfully dreadful, but everything about what I've seen and read of "Muppet Moments" is perfect. Because let's face it, some of the best things ever to watch are unscripted moments and the dynamic here is way too adorable and fun.

19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I can't think of a single Muppet in 60 years of them doing their thing that wouldn't work with kids. I hope this they can continue this series long enough, as I'd love to see some really obscure Muppets. I mean as much as main characters like Rizzo and Bobo would be perfect, would love to see kids talking to Carl, Droop, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, and so on.

But yeah this definitely has the magic of those Sesame moments. And that's why I love everything Murray/Ovejita have done and consider it the best thing Sesame's had on the show since the 80's.

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Uh, well they're grownups still using an archaic 1990's website as a forum...and not out of nostalgia or irony. It's funny as TP as a website is great and immensely positive as well as all the solid exclusives they get with performers/muppet characters on youtube. But yeah it's a very Aint It Cool news talkback vibe there.
    (ok I just realize the fact we're on a forum here at MC period is so very 2002-2004ish, heh)

But I feel I can tell when "baby" stuff is of high quality. While I hated Animal Jam, Hoobs, and couldnt get into Pajanimals I LOVE Bear in the Big Blue House and consider it the best JHC produced series since Fraggle Rock. Heck a part of me even kind of likes that Hulu Doozers series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.