1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppets Video: Beaker Sings "Dust in the Wind"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Feb 9, 2010.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

2. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Fantastic! Anymore, you'd swear Beaker was created just for YouTube, because he works so well in that format!

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Man, I can't wait until school ends for this!

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If nothing else, this is a great parody of people who just watch people's videos to post bad comments. people who have so much free time and whine about how the video wasted it. I've never had that problem (though no one actually watches any of mine) but it's so annoying to read it on anyone else's.

5. King Rupert

King Rupert Active Member

Awesome!

6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Could someone please send me this and the VirMup Caroll of the Bells in MUP3 form? Sank ju wery much. :eek:

7. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Seriously? Another Beaker one? Get some new ideas, and STOP having only Gonzo, Chef, Animal and Beaker do the stuff. It's getting old and it looks like you're running out of ideas.

8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This was already addressed by Steve and Steve in the most recent MuppetCast. They're not going to be making more of those that aren't already in-the-can. They don't want to go stale either.

However, this was such a wonderful clip. Love it! :eek: :eek: :eek: (Beaker) (1/2 Beaker)
    (4.5 Beakers)

9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Great video! keep up the great work Muppets!

10. Mupp

Mupp Member

Very cool video!

I loved all of those comments that popped up.

A VERY accurate depiction of most youtube comments! No joke!

And yes, these videos on the MuppetsStudio channel have been in the can for a LONG time. Its not like they made this a few days ago. Yes, I think they will hold off on Beaker for a while. A video with Carl the big mean monster should be coming soon.

Just an obersavtion, now I've been lurking at this these forums off and on for a few years now, and does anyone notice that Frogster is always negative? That's not healthy. :cry:

11. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I thought it was hilarious, though after the first few negative pop-ups I did see the punchline coming. Still, only the Muppets would take "flaming" to a literal level, LOL. I was reminded of me having to disable comments for my Dinosaurs Ending vid -- the fact I wanted civility just drew in vile flamers like catnip.

12. Drtooth

Negative or not, I am kinda agreeing with Frogster on this. I love Beaker, and he's one of my favorites (as is Chef)... but I wanna see other stuff. I Don't routinely check out XD (as it's so hard to get it to work half the time, even with DSL), and I doubt a lot of casual fans would do the same, or even know about it. I don't see why they don't take more of their XD stuff and put it on Youtube. Not all of it, of course... but they did it before with the Halloween videos. We got a lot of great stuff with Beaugard and Bobo... a lot of seldom seen characters too. If nothing else, these are already made, and give some activity to their YT Page.

There's so much epic win in Bohemian Rhapsody that I'd love to see in future videos. Not quite as large, but certainly digging into older characters. Why, they could even redo a few old segments if they wanted to. I'd LOVE for an internet short with the entire Pigs in Space cast. That's something way different than just the same Animal/Beaker/Chef stuff.

13. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I kinda havta agree with Frogster.

As much as I like Beaker (I like him thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much) it would be nice if they did something more with the other characters.

In regards to the new 'Pig in Space' sketch suggestions, I have one question: I know that Steve has voiced Link before so that's not really a problem, but who could they get to perform Dr. Strangepork? His voice was so distinctively Jerry that it would be kind of hard to find a ready performer who could do it right.

And out the window with the negativity!

I thought the video was GREAT! The whole bad grammar comment thing was an inspired bit of medium mockery and Beaker's costume and setting were priceless, with the sheet hanging up in the background and the candles!

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think the Muppet brand is so used to the fact that most people aren't paying attention so it's been okay to repeat bits. Now that the world is watching it's about being on-the-ball. I loved this clip, but I hope they'll focus on the other characters now.

15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I loved the video! The bad grammar cracked me up, especially "is he died?". I must admit, I had almost the same idea for a Fenwick video (final, un-annotated footage still exists).

16. Drtooth

A) Matt Vogel has been recast as quite a few Jerry Nelson Characters, and was suggested by jerry himself.

B) David Rudman has performed Strangepork in the obscure VHS viewmaster game You're the Director Check about 3 minutes in, when he's talking about the Rocket... when he says "Not French Fries...Zee Eifel Tower" It's clearly David. He does it pretty good, and I'd dare to say he'd be up for more lines.

17. Mupp

Mupp Member

Oh believe me, I realize that it can get repetitive to see lots of Beaker, Chef, and Animals skits, But this new video is funny none the less.

And don't worry, there are other videos in the can that have yet to be released. If I remember correctly, there is a Sam one, as well as another Swedish Chef cooking one in store.
    Baby steps!

18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

If that is truly Rudman, he gets my vote for Jerry's Fraggle Rock characters if Nelson passes the torch. He has a very similar tonal quality.

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I loved it.

Yes, I thought "Beaker? Again?" But I loved his clothes, design, and the thought that he's sat out there somewhere making music!

The comments that appear are laugh outloud funny (don't blame the goat!) and also a very good parody of real-life comments! They just needed a 5 page epic comment comparing Beaker's performance to the original and it would have been pitch-perfect. :eek:

Love love love.

20. Drtooth

I kinda rushed to post it... a little later he actually says a full line or two... buy you can tell it is indeed Rudman.

I mean, heck... we got the Strangepork puppet built and ready to go.