1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Nanco Fraggle Plush

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Foodie, May 24, 2006.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I just bought these from eBay. They just came from nowhere! I have no info on them except that one set is 13 to 14 inches tall & the other is 8 inches tall. They could be from a theme park or one of those claw machines. They kinda look like knock-offs though. Once again, no Mokey. I stored the pic on my Deviantart site. Hava look: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33769699/ They're not as cute as the Sababa fraggles. Of course, for all I know, Sababa could be the makers. I don't care. New fraggles are new fraggles to me! * explodes * :smirk: :excited:

Nick
  2. FraggleFan

FraggleFan New Member

yeah.. you know i noticed those today too. they've put up two more auctions with these lil guys in them. one set they are 8 inches the other they are 13..

when i first saw them i thought sababa had just gotten lazy in their production. while they keep saying they are liscensed and authentic, i'm just a bit skeptical. especially since there is no mokey.. they seem to be homemade copies of the sababa. but again, i really have no idea! very strange..
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

I heard that Sababa were going to release 13" plush of the Fraggles, So perhaps this is them! Although as you have said, the quality looks Nanco like.
  4. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Member

Aww, but they're still adorable. ^-^ Especially, Wembley. I wish they would release a Cantus plushie.
  5. BlueFrackle

From Cathy at ToughPigs...

Those are most definitely NOT the new Sababa Target exclusives.

The first wave of the new Sababa plush will be out in early August and will include Gobo, Red and Wembley. Each include a disc with two of the character's episodes and one animated short. Anyway, I saw the finished product a few days ago and they are beautiful. If you liked the smaller Sababa versions that were put out a few years ago, you'll love these. And according to Sababa, they're looking at Mokey, Boober and Travelling Matt for the Spring '07 refresh. So hopefully this time we'll get a complete set.
  6. BlueFrackle

7. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

8. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Sababa's supposed to have talking fraggles I think.
  9. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Whoa! This is the first I've heard of these.

Nick
  10. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

11. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I'm a bit frightened by the new plushies. Red's hair looks like it got caught in a light socket and the clothes are too big for the Fraggles.
  12. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

AAAAHH!! Fraggle Horror!!!

Good find though. Always nice to see some new Henson product.
  13. BlueFrackle

the Doozer page says "Assortment Per Dz: 4 Cotterpin, 4 Engineer and 4 Worker".

We only see the Engineer and Worker on the page, So maybe there will actually be a Cotterpin plush too? I wouldnt say no to that!
  14. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

15. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Member

The smaller Fraggles look great and I'm considering buying one or all of them. But, the larger Fraggles look kind of scary... It just doesn't look right, a Fraggle being that big... LOL.
  16. Xela

Xela New Member

If I buy any of those, it will be the small Boober one.

The rest look really weird...
  17. BlueFrackle

Foodie, All the images are now on my site in the Merchandise section.
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

The Verdict!

So, a few days ago I received a set of the Nanco ( sp? ) plush fraggles. These seem to be about the same height as the regular Sababa fraggles. I'm surprised though, they are actually quite nicely crafted. The hair of the 3 boys is like the vintage Tomy and Pedigree plushies. Red's hair is shorter but is similar to the Sababa feathery look. Thier heads are different in design but I swear they look a LOT like the doozer-sized fraggle puppets used in scenes with the gorgs from the TV show. Gobo's postcard is more detailed this time and he comes with his scarf. So, these ones are like a happy-medium. I'm still waiting on the 8 inch set I ordered. I have another larger set ordered as well but I can't tell yet if it's the same as the Sababa-sized ones I have or not. I'm still on the look-out for the huge versions of these guys. :smirk:

Nick
  19. BlueFrackle

Foodie,
    Could you post some more photos of them please? Id love to see some detail, And maybe comparison with the other Fraggle plushes!
  20. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I'll hafta get a camera, but f I can, I will. I just got the 8 inch and 13 inch ones today. So now I have 3 different sizes. The larger ones are a bit like a cross between Sababa and the Hasbro Softies versions. :smirk:

Nick