new original album ideas

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What are your ideas for some new, original Muppet albums? By original, I mena albums where all tracks are recorded especially for the albums, and not a mere soundtrack or compilation. Similar to Muppet Beach Party and A Green and Red Christmas.

Here are some ideas that I've had: (Warning: If you work for Disney and are not allowed to read fan suggestions, do not read any further)

Rocking with the Muppets
1. Love Ya to Death.... Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
2. Jungle Boogie... Gonzo and Animal
3. Yesterday... Kermit the Frog
4. I Think We're Alone Now... Floyd and Janice
5. Material Girl... Miss Piggy
6. Old Time Rock & Roll... Rowlf
7. Girls Just Want to Have Fun... Janice
8. Dirty Little Secret... Pepe the Prawn
9. Teenager in Love... Scooter
10. My Generation... Floyd
11. Windy... Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
12. Last Train to Clarksville... Johnny Fiama and Sal Manillia (could you imagine Johnny Fiama trying, and failing, to sing a rock song?)
13. I'm So Glad You Came Into My Life... Dr. Teeth
14. You Make Me Feel Like Dancing... Miss Piggy
15. Thriller... Rizzo and Pepe
16. Stacy's Mom... Pepe
17. Smells Like Team Spirit... Clifford
18. We are the World... Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Clifford, and the cast

Muppet Country (even though I dislike country music)
1. Blowin' in the Wind... Kermit the Frog and Rowlf
2. Here's Looking at Country... Miss Piggy
3. Somebody Stole my Gal... Pepe the Prawn
4. You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd... Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, and Bobo the Bear
5. Deep in the Heart of Texas... Sam the Eagle
6. I'm a Little Bit Country and a Little Bit Rock and Roll... Dr. Teeth
7. Rocky Top... Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo
8. Tumbling Tumbleweeds... Scooter and Bean Bunny
9. Home on the Range... Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, and Rowlf
10. A Boy Named Sue... Rowlf
11. Walk the Line... Gonzo and Camilia with the Chickens
12. The Devil Went Down to Georgia... Pepe the Prawn
13. Wack Do... Fozzie Bear
14. A Hat Like That... Rizzo the Rat
15. Happy Trails... Kermit and Miss Piggy
(It would be great if Lobbock Lou and his Jughuggers were brought back for an album like this, but they probably wouldn't, as they are very obscure and most of their performers are no longer involved with the Muppets)

Muppets on Broadway
1. Lullaby of Broadway... Kermit, Miss Piggy, Floyd, Janice, Gonzo, Rizzo, Scooter, and the cast
2. Happiness Is... Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Scooter, Sam the Eagle, Johnny Fiama, Sal, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, and the cast
3. Tomorrow... Miss Piggy
4. On Broadway... Johnny Fiama and Sal
5. Grease Lightening... Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
6. Dentist... Dr. Phil van Neuter
7. Just One Person... Scooter, Bean Bunny, and cast
8. Intermission... spoken word track with The Newsman interviewing Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Scooter, Bunsen, Beaker, Beauregard, Lew Zealand, Statler, Waldorf, Sam the Eagle, and The Swedish Chef
9. Comedy Tonight... Fozzie Bear
10. There's No Buisness Like Show Buisness... Kermit, Miss Piggy, Pepe, Janice, Scooter, and cast
11. Modern Major General... Sam the Eagle
12. Nice Boy Like Me... Bean Bunny
13. Suppertime... Animal and Floyd
14. Downtown... Kermit, Miss Piggy, and cast
15. I Want to Be a Producer... Scooter
16. Beauty School Dropout... Rowlf
17. Right Where I Belong... Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Floyd, Janice, Pepe, and cast

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Great ideas there! I always thought it would be good to compile a Electric Mayhem album using tracks from the Muppet albums, episodes and movies.

travellingpat

Reaction score
The electric mayhem should have their own album covering classic rock songs,

Proud Mary, Old Tiem Rock and Roll, Piano Man, We didnt start the fire, The immagrint song....think of the possibilities!!!!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Yeah, that would have worked if they had done it back in the 80s but it wouldn't be quite right with the new performers. Also, imagine the copyright problems! lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Yeah, that would have worked if they had done it back in the 80s but it wouldn't be quite right with the new performers. Also, imagine the copyright problems! lol.
Do you mean with music rights? I don't think Muppet Beach Party or Kermit Unpigged had any original songs, and most of those songs were released by companies that didn't release it.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Yeah your right, they might have a little bit of a problem with the copyright and maybe we'll have to wait for the new performers to grow on us before that happens

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Do you mean with music rights? I don't think Muppet Beach Party or Kermit Unpigged had any original songs, and most of those songs were released by companies that didn't release it.
Things seemed to have changed lately tho. When Muppet Beach Party was released, we could get complete Muppet Show episodes of video shortly after. Unedited ones too. It's only been more recently that copyright has been a major problem for Muppet releases.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Things seemed to have changed lately tho. When Muppet Beach Party was released, we could get complete Muppet Show episodes of video shortly after. Unedited ones too. It's only been more recently that copyright has been a major problem for Muppet releases.
What do you mean? Shortly after the release of Muppet Beach Party, the Vincent Price and Alice Cooper episodes were released on video, but that was it, and both of those episodes were edited on video. After that, there weren't any new video releases of The Muppet Show for 6 years, when Time-Life released them uncut. I wouldn't call 7 years "shortly after" Muppet Beach Party.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
What do you mean? Shortly after the release of Muppet Beach Party, the Vincent Price and Alice Cooper episodes were released on video, but that was it, and both of those episodes were edited on video. After that, there weren't any new video releases of The Muppet Show for 6 years, when Time-Life released them uncut. I wouldn't call 7 years "shortly after" Muppet Beach Party.
Sorry, I thought you were refering to the fact that, because Muppet Beach Party and Unpigged had no copyright issues in 1993, copyright wouldn't be an issue now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No, there were probably copyright issues, and the album producers probably took care of them. Heck, A Green and Red Christmas features songs owned by other companies. I was merely starting a thread on what kinds of Muppet albums we'd like to see, and what songs we'd like to see covered by the Muppets. But whether these types of albums get made, i would be up to the producers and the song licensors to have the songs be covered by the Muppets.