New productions

BorkBork

Reaction score
I think that henson should do another Fraggle Rock production. It woud be great to se a new season.

Since we live in a hyper modern community today, doc could invent some really modern stuff, like a teleporter or something, and accedently teleport matt out to the modern world, to explore things like the internet and so. Then Gobo would get really cool postcards.

I think the kids today would really appreciate a new series, and even us old schoolers :wink:

What do you think?

/Anders

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know, there are a lot of Fraggle Rock fans out there and a new show would definitely be a hit. The issue would be replacing voices (Jerry seems to be scarce, Whitmire is busy with Sesame Street and the new Muppet Show and Richard has passed away) or getting the crew back together. I wouldn't mind some recasting and/or new characters. I recently asked Karen Prell what the deal was with the state of Fraggle Rock. She reported that Fraggle Rock was an extremely expensive show to make - especially by today's standards. HBO (or whatever channel got it) would want to own part of it too. I also heard that HBO wanted to dumb it down for the preschool crowd and that is why they ended the series. That's not the direction that Jim (or any of us) wanted.

A Fraggle Rock movie, special or straight to video feature would be cool and a good seller if marketed corectly. I am sure that many of the performers would support such a project! Another idea would be to CG some of the more expensive sets for cost and maybe even CG the doozers. Only if it helped costs. I cant help but think that Jim would be doing something new with the Fraggles if he were alive today. So much more technology!

beaker

Reaction score
While I seriously cant envision a Fraggle comeback by any means, I do see one other possibility. The refurbishing of say Uncle Matt for use on the new show or commercials or something. Also I could see Sprocket coming back easily.

The thing with FR...we all love it and hold it close to us. But a thousand factors go into why even a special wouldnt be feasable any time soon. I will say its a darn shame a FR movie was never made.

BorkBork

Reaction score
o boy, makes me think how much jim is missed in all of us...

Well, CG the doozers seems really cool, but only if they could get that fleece look out of Cg :wink:

It seems that some things are kinda in the way, but i don't think it would be impossible to see another production in the future, maybe 2-3 or 5 years from now. Perhaps even sooner...

Sure some characters would have to have new performers, but if they only do it well, then there's no problem. The only new voice i can't stand is Fozzies, since Frank isn't doing him anymore.
Waz Frank Oz ever involved with the fraggles? I cant remember his voice anywhere in Fraggle Rock...

/Anders